Unused deer tags

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody know if ND has ever thought about having a turn in for deer tags that probably won't be Used? The reason I ask, is because it is looking like I am going to have to cancel my vacation this year due to work. If I am not able to go then the other 2 in my group probably won't make the trip either. So, basically, unless I can figure out a way to get a few days off in a row, 3 buck tags will go unused. Sure would be nice if I could just turn them in and give 3 other people a chance at them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think stuff like this is “cooked in” to the harvest quotas. Some poor souls like yourself get the shaft every year.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody know if ND has ever thought about having a turn in for deer tags that probably won't be Used? The reason I ask, is because it is looking like I am going to have to cancel my vacation this year due to work. If I am not able to go then the other 2 in my group probably won't make the trip either. So, basically, unless I can figure out a way to get a few days off in a row, 3 buck tags will go unused. Sure would be nice if I could just turn them in and give 3 other people a chance at them.

Bring them down, I'll get them filled for you. (grin)

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as I know it is possible to turn them in for medical issues. Even get your points back if you have a medical reason you cannot hunt. Other than that I don't think there is any other provision for unused tags.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its a good gesture and worthy of perusing . NDGF throwback bin first come first serve basis only for those that don't have a gun license. Mail the license to someone that didn't get one and NDGF sends out the transfer document. Getting more hunters in the field is their stance.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice gesture, but I too suspect this unfortunate set of circumstances is inherently cooked into the overall tags issued.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea but those are dispersed before they are ordered. Gotta feel for the poor bugger that goes 3 or 4 years without a buck tag . They could be given first chance at throw backs.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice gesture, but I too suspect this unfortunate set of circumstances is inherently cooked into the overall tags issued.

Yea I can see that but considering the data they use to issue tags 100 give back buck tags in one year would be peanuts.

Hell of a nice jet but chances of ever seeing it fly are are slim.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think stuff like this is “cooked in” to the harvest quotas. Some poor souls like yourself get the shaft every year.
I doubt the G&F thinks that deep they don't even take the bow harvest into the equation

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75