Lake Audubon

GatorHNTR89

Thanks bud, I know most of us are after eyes but have you heard of any spots over there possibly containing some trophy northern

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I would swear the pike numbers are down. Once we have more ice, I’d chase pike on the Sakakawea side ... although the pike numbers seem to really be down on that lake last summer. Where are you located. Buffalo Lodge is a good one for pike.

Last edited:

GatorHNTR89

I’m in Bismarck but will travel hours if it means a shot at a 40” inch pike, even considered making a trip up to LOW, where is buffalo lodge

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished for northern almost all my life, I dont mind the inconvenience and the meat is wonderful.

If you want quality I'd really suggest focusing on Sak, there are big pike in a lot of places but they are few and far between for bigguns'

You can find a pic in almost any small town gas station or bait shop of a bigol' pike from some dink waterhole or ditch but for the consistent shot at theb40" IMHO, id spend my gas money to go to Sak.

Any of the bays hold opportunities.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would go to Cherry lake North of Steele about 10 -15 miles and a little east. We have caught some nice Northerns there.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cherry has a lot of pike, but they don't grow as fast as they could because there are so damn many of them. Also might run into a keeper perch here and there. Horsehead lake just east of there has a lot of pike too. Look for the lake listings of Kidder county, there are a ton of lakes. Helen lake is another than comes to mind.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have caught lots of 8 to 10 lb fish out of Cherry.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are not common, but there are 40"+ fish right in the Missouri River, right in town.

2016 spring pike.jpg

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m in Bismarck but will travel hours if it means a shot at a 40” inch pike, even considered making a trip up to LOW, where is buffalo lodge
Buffalo Lodge is crazy for 3-6# pike with some bigger but not very numerous. If you want 40” pike I wouldn’t go there.

GatorHNTR89

Buffalo Lodge is crazy for 3-6# pike with some bigger but not very numerous. If you want 40” pike I wouldn’t go there.

Ya I’m thinking Audubon and Sak are gonna be my first spots to try, I am pretty damn patient so I’m sure I will find a decent area over there, I was looking at the wolf creek area on my lake maps and it looks like it has the topography to hold some hogs

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Ya I’m thinking Audubon and Sak are gonna be my first spots to try, I am pretty damn patient so I’m sure I will find a decent area over there, I was looking at the wolf creek area on my lake maps and it looks like it has the topography to hold some hogs
it seems like they've been deeper or harder to consistently find the last couple of years on sak

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75