Older Double Bull Blind Question

walleyefisher_nd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a Double Bull Blind from before they were purchased by Primos, and its beginning to fall apart. Just about every corner has wore through, and the rod sleeves are also beginning to become unattached. My question is do I stick the money into having it repaired (if its even possible) or do I just scrap the thing and save up for a new one? I really like the style and size, I believe its the T5 or I5, they just dont make it anymore. I bought an Ameristep last year in a similar size, but the fabric just isn't as quiet and is already showing wear. Thoughts on what to do and possibly where I could have it repaired are appreciated.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an old one from the first year they came out and the sleeves are wearing as you described. I think what I will try is pull the fiberglass rod from the sleeve, put a good amount of shoe-goo in the sleeve, slide the rod back in and clamp in place. Sewing the bottom may work, but sounds like a lot of work and will wear through again quickly. I'm sure not spending the money to have someone else fix it. I could buy a new blind for that price.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought there was a lifetime warranty on these blinds does primos not honor this warranty

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is a job for gorilla tap!! I got many extra years out of a blind using it,, but then again I don't care what the blind looks like,,, but neither do the deer :)

walleyefisher_nd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Already called Primos. Nothing of that era available anymore. Also the lifetime warranty was on the poles/cams not the fabric itself. I could send it to them for 30-40 dollars shipping and they can determine if they can repair it at my cost, just not really sure it’s worth it when I could probably find an upholstery shop around here to do the same thing for the same price and no shipping fees.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the frame is sturdy, you might want to look into having a canvas cover made at a place like TRS industries. My boat cover is over 13 years old and still going strong. Just a thought depending on price of a new blind vs. canvas cover.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM you should see the prices for boat covers now. I had one built this summer and it run me $850. It had about as much fabric as half a blind. My blind is in the same shape as walleyfisher describes and I'm going to find some cheap way to fix it. I'm still thinking a big wad of shoe=goo would fix mine. Maybe loop some fabric over the end of the fiberglass rod first.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I really don't want to see the price of boat covers now. Yikes!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76