FM flood diversion

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone here been to meetings and-or in the loop ? Iv'e been keeping my eye out for some ground around Fargo but it's hard without knowing if the diversion will have much affect on floodplains and property values. My main question is if any of the floodplain borders will change once the diversion is up and running ? There is some farmland along the river coming up for auction in the North River area but it's on the MN side. I get cold feet thinking about it but still wonder if the diversion could possibly turn it into build-able in the future.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha Life would never get that bad. It would be a big move from the boondocks for sure but I'd only be a part timer looking for a place to hang my hat once in a while. Small shop with living quarters but a big enough lot for future generations. There are a few boondock areas down there but every one I have considered had more bad in it than good.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When are they going to start is project? The state will really have to save oil revenue for that project

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When are they going to start is project? The state will really have to save oil revenue for that project
Just what I was thinking, take the western tax base to divert flood waters from easterners that foolishly built to close to the flood plain. I see why Cass county largely supported Hiedery Clintkamp.
Stay off my lawn

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget about diverting Missouri River water for domestic use.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty sure they started a couple of years ago before all the permits had beev approved and mn shut it down. dont know all the details but prertty sure it could be alot cheaper if they bought of more property along the river

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did some small holding ponds years ago in north fargo in father-in-law neighborhood bought out some houses put in deep holding pond and hell of alot of dirt dike up north further last exit too. Some work down south too I remember. I believe they wanted Minnesota to cough up some of that shitty land way south of Moorhead to build big hold pond put I highly doubt any farmer would go for that maybe $50k an acre. Just big mess

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did some small holding ponds years ago in north fargo in father-in-law neighborhood bought out some houses put in deep holding pond and hell of alot of dirt dike up north further last exit too. Some work down south too I remember. I believe they wanted Minnesota to cough up some of that shitty land way south of Moorhead to build big hold pond put I highly doubt any farmer would go for that maybe $50k an acre. Just big mess

Yes , whoever designed and built those did an awesome job. At least the new developments that Iv'e seen.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just what I was thinking, take the western tax base to divert flood waters from easterners that foolishly built to close to the flood plain. I see why Cass county largely supported Hiedery Clintkamp.
Stay off my lawn
Minot, Bismarck, Mandan everyone built on the river and some cities that have protection still are allowing building. Garrison damn was like 300mil back in 47 --- can you imagine what it costs now --- that doesnt include land costs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74