SpyPoint EVO Link trouble?

TRLguy

Does anyone on here own a Spypoint Evo Link wireless camera, and if so, are you having trouble? I purchased one in September and it worked flawlessly until Nov. 19th, when it lost connection with the network. It still functions a camera, but unable to send pictures.

I called Spypoint, they said there was a problem on Verizon's end with the service. (Which is strange because my Verizon cell phone has service and Covert LTE camera that is about 150 yards away also has perfect service) They keep giving me the run around about when this will be fixed. I have taken two trips to my property (about 80 miles from where I live) to do factory resets as they instructed me, because it was supposedly fixed, only to find the issue was not fixed.

I have called to try to return the camera, but they tell me I have to submit this through email to the service department. And the service department doesn't return my emails. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one and I did get a text a while back saying they were having troubles with the Verizon compatibility issues that they are working to fix, but mine does not seem to be affected.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
On their facebook page it talks specifically about this issue. They have admitted there is an issue and are working to correct it.

TRLguy

On their facebook page it talks specifically about this issue. They have admitted there is an issue and are working to correct it.

Right, problem is they keep telling me that it is fixed and that a reset needs to be performed. I have done that now twice and it still is not working. When I spoke to them over the phone, they were adamant that this is not a Spy point issue, that this is Verizon's problem with the network. I'm not sure if Covert's Verizon camera runs on the same network or how that works, but the Covert a couple hundred yards away works perfectly. I feel like they have a glitch and are trying to blame it on Verizon. Here is the email they sent me on Monday. I have since spoken to two different employees who assured me all issues were fixed. I told them I had to dive 80 miles one way to check it out, and they said, no problem, everyone's are working now. TWICE this happened. The email seems weird. "batteries are probably depleted by now" and "maybe an AT&T, Sprint or Tmobile camera will work better for you." My camera was working perfectly until this glitch. I asked to return my camera for a refund and no response now in two days.

Dear client,

The outages are now resolved for the most part. Have you tested the camera recently? Most have resume transmitting as recently as a few hours ago. By accessing the camera & performing a Factory Reset (if possible) or simply powering the camera off & then back on, that should reboot the modem & get the camera going again. The batteries are probably depleted by now though, so you’ll want to plan on changing them out by fresh ones.

You’ll need access to a computer in order to perform the Factory Reset. Simply access the “evo.exe” (evomac.zip if using a MAC) software sitting on the SD card, and perform a “factory reset”. Then click on “save settings” and this will reset any faulty values. You may then insert the SD card back in the camera, and it should then be able to transmit properly at the programmed “frequency” setting.

If the camera still won’t transmit, do you think that a camera operating on the AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile networks would work for you? If so, provide the exact camera model, and your full return shipping address, and we'll provide the information you'll need in order to send us the camera & obtain a replacement unit that will operate with one of the above carriers. It will be important to make sure that there is good coverage with AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile in your area, however.

Feel free to contact us if you keep experiencing issues or have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer Service |
Service à la Clientèle

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right, problem is they keep telling me that it is fixed and that a reset needs to be performed. I have done that now twice and it still is not working. When I spoke to them over the phone, they were adamant that this is not a Spy point issue, that this is Verizon's problem with the network. I'm not sure if Covert's Verizon camera runs on the same network or how that works, but the Covert a couple hundred yards away works perfectly. I feel like they have a glitch and are trying to blame it on Verizon. Here is the email they sent me on Monday. I have since spoken to two different employees who assured me all issues were fixed. I told them I had to dive 80 miles one way to check it out, and they said, no problem, everyone's are working now. TWICE this happened. The email seems weird. "batteries are probably depleted by now" and "maybe an AT&T, Sprint or Tmobile camera will work better for you." My camera was working perfectly until this glitch. I asked to return my camera for a refund and no response now in two days.

Dear client,

The outages are now resolved for the most part. Have you tested the camera recently? Most have resume transmitting as recently as a few hours ago. By accessing the camera & performing a Factory Reset (if possible) or simply powering the camera off & then back on, that should reboot the modem & get the camera going again. The batteries are probably depleted by now though, so you’ll want to plan on changing them out by fresh ones.

You’ll need access to a computer in order to perform the Factory Reset. Simply access the “evo.exe” (evomac.zip if using a MAC) software sitting on the SD card, and perform a “factory reset”. Then click on “save settings” and this will reset any faulty values. You may then insert the SD card back in the camera, and it should then be able to transmit properly at the programmed “frequency” setting.

If the camera still won’t transmit, do you think that a camera operating on the AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile networks would work for you? If so, provide the exact camera model, and your full return shipping address, and we'll provide the information you'll need in order to send us the camera & obtain a replacement unit that will operate with one of the above carriers. It will be important to make sure that there is good coverage with AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile in your area, however.

Feel free to contact us if you keep experiencing issues or have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer Service |
Service à la Clientèle

You're definitely getting the run around then.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77