Beaver Bay ice

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody know how thick the ice is on Beaver Bay or Porcupine? I would sure like to get out this weekend.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure but there was decent current in the old river channels strait NE of porcupine about a mile this fall along the Bismarck side. Be careful.

- - - Updated - - -

Beaver bay should be fine....I've heard of guys fishing down there already.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know about ice thickness but looking at the pool levels, in the last 2 weeks it looks like Oahe pool level has dropped about 2 ft. Not sure how this would affect ice but something to take into consideration. Looks like could still be on the decline in pool elevation

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went out to the East Side of Beaver Bay on 12/1/2018. Ice was around 6 inches most places. I fished the north side of the bay. Others came afterwards and fished along the north side as well. Bring a spud bar just in case.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by last night on way to Pollock, SD. A few flip-overs and hub houses on the East side of bridge, including a few ATVs and sleds....even one smaller pick-up!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure but there was decent current in the old river channels strait NE of porcupine about a mile this fall along the Bismarck side. Be careful.

- - - Updated - - -

Beaver bay should be fine....I've heard of guys fishing down there already.
don't have to worry about ice conditions on the main Channel definitely going to fall through the ice because it doesn't exist yet.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
porcupine was open on Saturday around the islands, looked like a strip of open water running to the south near the west bank

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76