More Gas and Oil

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
More natural gas!!! Whe have enough. Need to start thinking of ways to use. I'm thinking gas fired power plants. That might help get the coal heaters off our back.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
More natural gas!!! Whe have enough. Need to start thinking of ways to use. I'm thinking gas fired power plants. That might help get the coal heaters off our back.

In 10-25 years this will be the replacement of coal fired generation.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes gas will be used to generate lots of electricity soon

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Ha yeah we wish that would be the case. We have seen even new gas fired electricity being criticized . They have realized they still emit co2 and any emissions is unacceptable in their book. They want renewables no matter what but also ignore that our energy supply needs to be reliable and with out natural gas plants we can guarantee uninterrupted power. Until electricity storage is economical we need fossil fuel plants whether they be coal or natural gas.

These anti fossil fuel critics are the most hypocritical people out there. Last time I looked they don’t live like the Amish.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tucker Carlson missed an opportunity with a coal critic a couple nights ago. she said we need to use clean electric. someone should have explained to her how electricity is generated.

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
Natural gas power plants are have been built for a while now. My son-in law was a project engineer on natural gas fired power plants in Texas, Arkansas and Ontario in the early 2000's. And the company he worked for has a number more to build when he changed employers. It would be nice if the coal plants in ND could to refitted to natural gas rather than being dismantled when they are shut down.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes gas will be used to generate lots of electricity soon

How dirty is that stuff coming out of the wellhead ? Those old Waukeshas used to run off wellhead gas and propane pretty sure they could do it again unless something has changed.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They are converting coal plants to natural gas... been goin on for awhile now. Our coal by rail fell off the edge of the cliff about 2 years ago... not as many coal trains goin through mandan anymore

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How dirty is that stuff coming out of the wellhead ? Those old Waukeshas used to run off wellhead gas and propane pretty sure they could do it again unless something has changed.
All the gas compressor engines on the pipelines run on field gas now. The stuff is awesome for that. Bakken oil is so clean you can actually put it in the gas tank of your law mower and run it lol. That's no shit. They have been trying different approaches to collecting LNG but it's not cost effective. Even quite a few of the drilling rigs now have their diesel generator engines set up to burn LNG. Waukesha's are nearly extinct I think. At least there really aren't any new ones being sold. They can't meet emissions standards. About the only thing being sold anymore are Cat's.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunted around lots of wells this year. The whole scenario amazes me! What a fortune 2 miles down!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
if people knew the energy being being transferred in pipelines and electrical lines their heads would explode... the power grid in this country is truly amazing and rarely understood... we just know that when we flip a switch we have power and light, and you can always buy gas or oil at the gas station... it is probably the thing we as americans take for granted the most...

- - - Updated - - -

Hunted around lots of wells this year. The whole scenario amazes me! What a fortune 2 miles down!

i won't tell you haw many b&c bucks i could have shot from well locations this fall... it is just part of their habitat now - they grew up with it and it is just part of nature...

i saw rabbit and coyote tracks in a tank battery today with 3' steel containment walls all around it... when it gets cold, and you're a coyote or rabbit, why not curl up next to a warm oil or water tank that has been there since you were born... the tree huggers think these animals are all 200 years old and miss the great plains scenario when all they had to dodge was native's arrows...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea it's just like the alaska pipeline. was supposed to decimate the animal population up there. hell they lay by it because it's warm and use it for a scratching post lol. same thing here. these sites don't bother these animals at all. I could shoot deer with a bow from sites most days. Turkeys too. Moose a couple times a month. They could care less about these pads.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75