Christmas shopping.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you and your other shop together or go your separate ways. I would shoot myself in the foot before shopping with my wife. If you held up two shirts one black and the other white you can kiss an hour goodby. I shop on a mission. I know what I want before I go to the stores. Its get in and get out fast with minimum colateral damage if possible. Now days I find shopping on line is the most injoyabe time spent and you can hunt over bait on your front porch.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife tried to take me shopping once either before we got married or shortly after, let's just say she has no desire to do that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife tried to take me shopping once either before we got married or shortly after, let's just say she has no desire to do that anymore.
We do our separate thing usually

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deciding-what-to-buy-in-a-Grocery-Store-Men-vs-Women.gif

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my wife has a list we get the stuff and leave. Tried to go to target in bismark last weekend drove around the parking lot twice could not find a spot she said hell with it lets go home i will just order off amazon.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Separate 90% of the time, and everything I do is 90% online.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually love shopping...the busier and more people the better. But then I did used to work at the Mall of America, that place is nuts around Christmas! I pride myself on finding unique and thoughtful gifts for my wife...it pays dividends throughout the year.

Grizzly Adams

Founding Member
Founding Member
We normally shop together. It’s better for my checkbook if we do. But every time it pert near ends in divorce

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I walk in, grab a handful of gift cards, done....

Divorce has made my life so much more easy and less complicated. Plus I get laid way more. :;:smokin

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
She calls it shopping, I call it buying. Most women like to go to a bunch of stores and look at everything before making a decision. I on the other hand figure out what I am getting before I go, make a list and go in and buy it. Yes once in awhile I get side tracked in the hunting or fishing section for a few minutes. I also know exactly what size my pants are, I grab them off the rack and head to the checkout. I don't need to try them on because I know they will fit. We think women are weird and they think we are weird.

To answer your question NO

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find it a necessary part of being married. I don't often shop with my wife. I don't enjoy it and because of that, neither does she. Most of the year it's a separate activity for us as a couple. She's not required to hunt or fish with me, and I i don't have to ship-with her.

Christmas is a little different. fortunately we have grandchildren who are now hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities so those are gifts that she needs help with. And it's the type of gifts that I don't mind shopping for. Online shopping to me is just about worse than being in a store. Can't pick it up to check it our. Looking at a picture isn't the same for me. One thing that helps is we have discussed what gifts we are going to buy and received want lists from those on our gift list prior to actually shopping.

As someone mentioned earlier, shopping together hopefully brings some added benefits later.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Shopping" to a woman means, they gonna look at everything in sight and take as much time before they buy, there is NO such thing as get what you need and get the hell out of the store, thats their nature. Or...they say they only gonna spend a $100 , that means it'll be around $500 when all said and done.

I shop online, and when I do go locally its gift cards..simple and done.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
for women it's an event - for men it's a task...

little story - many years ago my mother in law would clip coupons from all 3 grocery stores in town, and hit all 3 on the same day... i worked for a pop distributor at the time and would see her at ALL 3 grocery stores - saving 5 cents on a can of soup at one place, yada yada... she would leave her car running in the parking lot and spend a good 2 hours in each store talking with all the other little old laddies doing the same thing - then thinking she was gaming the system by getting all the sales... i asked her 1 time what she spent in gas to save $5 on groceries for the week... blank stare... but for her it was the event and the prize...

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Men don't shop. We buy things. We buy things we need. Not things we think are cute that clutter the house, or that my friend Suzie bought and said it worked really well.... even though we will use twice per year...like an air fryer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74