Strikemaster Lazer hand auger

Walleyeman16

Im thinking of converting the Lazer hand auger to an electric auger. Anyone done this before?
This will be my first auger. Lot cheaper than the K-drill and Milwaukee combo.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You have to figure out a way if it comes loose from drill it doesnt plop down the hole.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used a Mora Fin-Bore 6in. with A Clam Conversion and a Milwaukee drill, even put a extension on for 3ft. of ice, it worked very good, tried a 8in. but that was slower. Think you can still get them augers for about $60.00

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d test the amount of foam needed to keep those hand augers afloat. You’ll need more noodle than a K-drill has because they are heavier. I have a buddy that didn’t have enough foam, chuck came loose and the auger went down the hole. Luckily he was in shallow enough water to fish it back out.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did this for an entire season last year. It sucked, from some reason or another, no matter how tight i cranked that damn chuck, it was always looks by the end of the day. Nearly lost the hand auger several times, but i was fishing cheap (stupid).

mmanske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been running a eskimo hand auger on a clam plate with a milwaukee drill for 2 years now and love it 20171208_113021.jpg

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been running a eskimo hand auger on a clam plate with a milwaukee drill for 2 years now and love it

guns 11.jpg

I have the same set up this year only with the new rigid octane drill with the 9amp battery. The thing just rips through the ice and uses very little juice on the battery.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been running a eskimo hand auger on a clam plate with a milwaukee drill for 2 years now and love itguns 11.jpg

I'm working on putting this exact set-up together. I grabbed the 7" Eskimo for $39 at scheels, waiting for my milwaukee in the mail, Just need to find a deal on a clam plate yet. I was also going to use the clam extension rather than the ION that others suggest, so good to see it all works. When all said and done i think ill have about $300 into it.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try a Buchholz Ice Auger Extension. They come in both 8" and 12". My uncle makes them in Lehr, ND.
I don't think those will work with a hand auger (smaller diameter), only power auger. I believe i actually have an 8" one of those from a few years back though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76