Low made a fool out of dl

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye wars. Didn't help the tourism at all. Hopefully the scons stay home all summer

- - - Updated - - -

Hey power stock the sob

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
natural-natty-light-77-pack.jpg
lets drink to that

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope the DL dude threw the competition. If he did, he's a true Nodak Bro and I will buy him a beer the next time I'm in town. :;:cheers

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think both sides got out of it what they desired(more publicity for their own lakes) so they both won in that respect. LOW just happened to win the good natured fishing contest on that particular day. Still says something that 2 of the best fisheries in the world are within a days drive of each other.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought they were both rated in the top 3 in the world...unless i was dreaming, i am almost sure i either read it or saw it. Hope its not fake news. lol

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
If DL and LOW are considered top 3 fisheries in the world.. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
People come from all over the US and parts of the world to fish those two lakes. I don't think we know how lucky we have it!! When an absolute moron can fish almost any technique and catch walleye I would consider that a world-class fishery. I know I consider myself super luck that I am a max 3 1/2 hours from Winnipeg, LOW, and Devils. Plus a couple hours to some of the best musky fishing in the WORLD as well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Erie, Columbia River, Missouri system, etc. aren’t real shabby. Not convinced it’s that cut/dried.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought they were both rated in the top 3 in the world...unless i was dreaming, i am almost sure i either read it or saw it. Hope its not fake news. lol

Ok. I stand somewhat corrected...LOW and DL are in the top 3 of ICE FISHING DESTINATIONS in the world..I know i read something about the 2 lakes.

[h=1]OUTDOORS NOTEBOOK: Website ranks Devils Lake and Lake of the Woods among top ice fishing destinations[/h]By Herald Staff Report on Nov 18, 2018 at 6:00 a.m., LOW rank among top ice fishing destinations

The website RealClearLife has rated Devils Lake and Lake of the Woods among its top 10 ice fishing spots in the world, ranking them at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively.

There..i feel better..lol

reddevilwoodsman

Established Member
The format they used in Walleye Wars showcased the LOW ice fishing style more than DL's which is more "search for the fish and move around to find them". Comparing them like they did as somewhat of an injustice to DL, but saying that LOW made a fool out of DL is nonsense.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The format they used in Walleye Wars showcased the LOW ice fishing style more than DL's which is more "search for the fish and move around to find them". Comparing them like they did as somewhat of an injustice to DL, but saying that LOW made a fool out of DL is nonsense.

Butt hurt much?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was tilted toward LOW. They fished from 9-4 and all fish counted for points.

If I were the DL guy, I would have put a 14” min on the counted fish and let him fish from 9-4.
I would have fished from 7:30-9:30, went for a little tour of what DL has to offer and stopped at Proz for a burger and a cold one. Then go back to the Hotel for a little power nap. Get back out about 3:30 and fish to 5:30. I’ll fish 4 hours vs his 8.

Both great fisheries that fish different with different opportunities.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67