Made in America

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reading through the online purchase pole thread some one said they had to purchase made in America. Got me thinking how much people like to talk but in reality it is pretty hard to get stuff to use in the out doors. I am talking gear that would be berry compliant. Only thing I have is Kifaru it’s hard to find any clothing arcteryx has some and beyond clothing might be. It’s hard to find stuff that is all made here a lot is assembled with foreign materials but not 100% sourced here. So let’s here it what gear you run that is made in Merica

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of the ear flapper hats it is dang nice the rest of the clothing is just to heavy for my uses but is a a nice option

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is basically no textile industry in the US, which is why it’s basically impossible to find USA made clothing.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leupold (I don't have any of their imported stuff), Winchester (Mine are New Haven production), Barnes, Hornady, Nosler, Forster, Dillon, RCBS, Redding, McMillan, Kimber, Remington, Colt, Springfield, Manners, HS Precision, Bell and Carlson, Nitto Tires, Alpacas of Montana, Ingram Knives, Charlie May knives, Howe Mountain Knives, Knives of Alaska, Harrells, Schnees, Stone Glacier.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bowtech bows are made in America. Not sure on their offshoot brands and other products.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking through my stuff the Alaska guide creations bino harness is made in America. Is assembled here with foreign sourced materials considered made in America to most?

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I buy American as much as I can, with clothing it’s tough I wear a lot of carhart and that’s made in mexico. Shoot even Duke traps are made in Korea, but when I can afford it I will buy an American product if it costs a bit more

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
“When I can afford it” is the kicker here. It’s hard to stomach paying thirty dollars for a US made shirt when the foreign brand cost $10.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
“When I can afford it” is the kicker here. It’s hard to stomach paying thirty dollars for a US made shirt when the foreign brand cost $10.
Agreed, but usually there is some better quality in the American higher dollar one, but of course not always

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
So jobless dude pulls in with his Japanese Nissan inquiring about a work application. His shoes are made in Brazil, his pants are made in Sri Lanka, his shirt is from China, leather belt is from India, tie is from Vietnam and his hat is made in Mexico. Then jobless dude complains.....why can't I find a fucking job?

The argument is....tariffs place a burden on the poor forcing them to buy a $22 dollar quality Stanely hammer instead of a $7 Chinese POS hammer. Flippin hammerheads can't figure it out why they can't find a job.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jungmaven hemp clothing is the best
Thorogood boots
Chipewwa boots
Red wing boots
Trijicon scopes
Boyd rifle stocks
Bmw x5

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So jobless dude pulls in with his Japanese Nissan inquiring about a work application. His shoes are made in Brazil, his pants are made in Sri Lanka, his shirt is from China, leather belt is from India, tie is from Vietnam and his hat is made in Mexico. Then jobless dude complains.....why can't I find a fucking job?

The argument is....tariffs place a burden on the poor forcing them to buy a $22 dollar quality Stanely hammer instead of a $7 Chinese POS hammer. Flippin hammerheads can't figure it out why they can't find a job.

Would that be the Nissan made at the plant in canton Mississippi?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would that be the Nissan made at the plant in canton Mississippi?

Nope, I'm talking about the 3500 Nissan's burning in the pacific right now.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25764/...n-cars-ablaze-and-adrift-in-the-pacific-ocean

image.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
3500!? I literally can't imagine the size of these ships or the smallness of Nissan cars I guess.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lilja, Brux, Broughton, Bartlein, Krieger, Shilen, Douglas, Hart, PacNor, MullerWorks, Obermeyer, Montana Rifle Company, Cooper, Rock Creek, Barrett, Select clothing (not all) from Filson and Pendleton, Darn Tough socks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69