End of seasons

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well...just about everything closes today...upland game and big game... Turkey and bow tag went to tag soup.
I took down 2 birds tho

Time now to concentrate on ice fishing and coyote hunting

birds.jpg

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ate my turkey tag too. To be fair, I put in minimal effort.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did fill my bow tag this year about one week ago. Long story as to why but been years for that.
Fur bearer only other tag and I hope to fill a few but need to go out.
My hunting partner and only partner got his first deer this year with a semi. Came out of the cattails about midnight and hit the driver door for $7000 in damage. Did gross in the 160s and was a clean rack. So now he has some rifle and bow mounts and now a semi tag on a deer mount. Surprise the sheriff came out right away at that time of night and issue the tag. DB

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
bow tag soup for me this year- had opportunities, just couldn't capitalize

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spent all bow season trying to finish what I started when I hit a branch and put my broadhead into the shoulder of a heck of a buck.
He turned into a nocturnal freak but time to time he would show up in daylight..when I wasn't in my stand.
This past Friday and Saturday mornings I had him at 17 yds broadside..10 min before legal shooting light each morning like clock work. ;:;banghead;:;banghead

Well hopefully he makes the winter and grows some more!

Him in velvet when I messed up..
Had a cool muley fork, but also brows like them also. Guess he had no gas left in the tank after the rest of the rack growth ha ha.

wounded 2018 buck.jpg

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot a limit of partridge 8 days in a row with yesterday being the last day. I was sad when I pulled in garage last night and realized I could clean shotgun and put it away.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot a limit of partridge 8 days in a row with yesterday being the last day. I was sad when I pulled in garage last night and realized I could clean shotgun and put it away.
Dang...where you finding a boat load of partridge like that to limit out 8 days in a row???? wow

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shot a rooster yesterday on a quick walk to get the dogs out one more time.

Then proceeded to pass on 6 fawns that came by at less than 20 yards last night with the bow. That sums up the season for me, really sums up the past month of bowhunting. To have 6 fawns come by in shooting light and not even a yearling doe or anything bigger to shoot. First time in a long time I havn't filled a bow tag....

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Season never got started for me. If I was from China last year would of been called the year of the knife. Never got the boat out of garage, so no fish in freezer. Never got out bird hunting at all so no birds in freezer. Tag soup on our doe tags, so no back staps or sausage. Looks like chicken and beef this winter, but after total overhaul I should be set to go next this year. New plugs, headlights and wheels should make for a fun year. yea-haw.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Season never got started for me. If I was from China last year would of been called the year of the knife. Never got the boat out of garage, so no fish in freezer. Never got out bird hunting at all so no birds in freezer. Tag soup on our doe tags, so no back staps or sausage. Looks like chicken and beef this winter, but after total overhaul I should be set to go next this year. New plugs, headlights and wheels should make for a fun year. yea-haw.

You got a boob job? Awesome, I always wondered when more dudes would go that route.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worst fall for me in years. Did ok dove hunting early with several limits. Only got out a few times bow hunting, tag soup. Only got to hunt opening weekend of rifle season, tag soup. Got pheasant hunting twice and never fired a shot. Didn't kill a single duck or goose either. Family health issues sucked the life out of my hunting time. Hoping 2019 is a better year.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't shoot any manner of bird all fall. Took 2 fleeting shots at a rooster that flushed wild on opening day and that was it. I think the last time I didn't shoot any manner of game bird was before I learned how to shoot them on the wing. Doggie being old, nearly deaf, with fairly serious cataracts likely has a lot to do with it.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

So you are going to be money ahead this year is what you're saying?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got lucky and filled my bow tag on new years day. Was a crazy hunt. Got stuck in a snow drift driving down the prairie trail to park. 20 minutes of digging and got out. Sweaty as could be. Got in the stand about 4 and figured I would freeze with it being 2 degrees and blowing 20mph. 10 minutes later a low 130's class buck came by and I missed high. Made me sick. Thought I blew my chance. An hour later another decent buck came by, smaller that the one I missed, but with 5 days of season left he was big enough for me. Clean pass through at 22 yards, heart shot. He went 15 yards, stopped for 2 seconds and tipped over. Love when they drop in sight of the stand. First time in my short bow hunting career of 5 seasons I filled all my tags. Went 3 for 3 this year(two doe only tags and 1 state tag). Full freezer for sure this year.

Deer 1.jpgDeer 2.jpgDeer 3.jpg

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Didn’t draw a rifle tag again this year, also first time I didn’t buy a bow tag, uncle sam kept me too busy to prep for archery season. However I did have a few really good duck hunts in October, ate the swan tag though. This season really made me realize there’s a lot more to a good hunting season than limiting out or getting out every weekend. Even with the limited time I had dad and got out pheasant hunting a few times and had some really good walleye fishing this fall. Good conversations while cleaning roosters and fish in the shop this year so that was my season highlight.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69