Never knew such things existed. Sounds expensive, like a twenty yr old hot wife

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
2qu22r.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like i decent concept, but i honestly question if you would ever get it deployed unless it was right in front of you. ATV's flip over almost instantly because of the flotation of the tires and all the stuff we have stacked on top of them for ice fishing.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly why I am asking - I'm wondering if they'd be useful on an enclosed Honda Pioneer - and where to mount.

I could always buy ten or so inflatable life vests on sale during the off-season and tie them all over the ROPS I suppose?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like i decent concept, but i honestly question if you would ever get it deployed unless it was right in front of you. ATV's flip over almost instantly because of the flotation of the tires and all the stuff we have stacked on top of them for ice fishing.

They have auto deploy as well.

- - - Updated - - -

They have auto deploy as well.

At least I remember seeing one for a snowmobile.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^I'm not sure the Nebulus does have auto-deploy, I was kind of surprised myself. Its possible other companies have one that does though.

- - - Updated - - -

Guy those enclosed cabs do make me question how a guy would escape. I ride around in my buddies cabbed ranger, if a guy drops through and cant open the doors because of ice blockage then what? Does front window flip forward easy?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^I'm not sure the Nebulus does have auto-deploy, I was kind of surprised myself. Its possible other companies have one that does though.

- - - Updated - - -

Guy those enclosed cabs do make me question how a guy would escape. I ride around in my buddies cabbed ranger, if a guy drops through and cant open the doors because of ice blockage then what? Does front window flip forward easy?

yes - front window flips up completely. That seems to be the place I'd put the device... at front of the short hood (tied to back of front guard). Flip window, reach out, yank it, climb onto it.

makes me sick thinking about it - ha ha

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah, I don't know. Keep thinking about the adage of if the ice ain't safe, stay the hell off.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am more worried in most side by sides than I am my Dodge too. Can't imagine trying to get out of one if them. Anyone remember the tractor on devils a few years ago?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
These things might save you if other people are around to get you out in a few minutes but I'd think a guy would die of hypothermia if your floating out there more then an hour. Think I'd rather die quickly then become a popsicle over time.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20180421_170559.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's all a joke. U can pay 14k for a wilcraft and no guarantees the owner of the company gets doused in his own unit when it went sideways and they put the pic in the tribume k (good advertising) his mfc liability insurance co I bet dropped him. The guys on Erie alone probably gave his ins a jab the ice accidents are going to happen no matter what u drive out. I seen on Facebook more idiots this year then ever. First ice. None of those fockers pasted fish pics just pics of them on the ice "first". Now u don't see anybody posting shit. Why cause they are done with ice season. Just like the same group that leaves the ramps empty starting in July.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79