Devil's Lake

Walleye_guru

Headed to devil's lake area on Saturday looking to catch perch and some eyes. Checking ice thickness, possible hot spot. Any info would be appreciated.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I marked a lot of fish on east bay, only caught 1 all weekend, white bass. Ice was 20" bring sand, chains or something to get you unstuck once you are off the trail you are probably stuck if you stop. Think it was mostly a weather thing, didn't hear many reports of great bites this last weekend. We had small minnows, large minnows and waxies

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
ice is fine. its the snow that might cause a concern if you run highway type tires or you are balding. how many guys? where you staying?

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just go to black tiger. Follow the snobears. Guaranteed limits.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn good tires but I am balding do you think I'll get stuck?

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In my experience, getting stuck is usually a result fo trying to drive through snow that is to deep. Not caused by my tires. Either that or the damn traction control on my Chevy cuts the power of the motor when the tires start to spin. Why the hell can't they lock that out when I put it in 4-wheel drive? When I lock it in 4-wheel drive I fully expect I'm going to be spinning at some time and I'm not smart enough to remember to lock it out before I need it. It can't be that hard to add that feature.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my experience, getting stuck is usually a result fo trying to drive through snow that is to deep. Not caused by my tires. Either that or the damn traction control on my Chevy cuts the power of the motor when the tires start to spin. Why the hell can't they lock that out when I put it in 4-wheel drive? When I lock it in 4-wheel drive I fully expect I'm going to be spinning at some time and I'm not smart enough to remember to lock it out before I need it. It can't be that hard to add that feature.

You don't have a traction control button? I thought all did. My Chev work truck does and wife's YukonXL does. It is a pain in the ass when it is on.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You don't have a traction control button? I thought all did. My Chev work truck does and wife's YukonXL does. It is a pain in the ass when it is on.

Yes I do have the button. My problem is that I forget to hit the button until I need it and then it's usually too late.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member

put it in 4 wheel drive AFTER you get stuck... it's way easier to get out, or a shorter walk if you follow that simple rule... i view 4 wheel drive as an insurance policy...

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s a good perch bite going on in 35-40 feet in east bay we did real good Saturday and drove pickup there but after Sunday storm it’s about impossible for vehicles nor

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67