Ice Roads

Stinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not one to complain often, but I witnessed something today that just irks me. At white earth bay there is a pressure ridge that crosses the mouth of the bay. A main road crosses the bay to get the the east shore line where the road then crosses the pressure ridge approximately 40 feet off shore. This ice road has been established there since Christmas time, so it looks like a highway across the ice. There’s been houses along there And they all usually pull off 150-200’ to fish.
Well today someone decides to drop there tandem axle ice castle right on the edge of the road. They then proceed to place tip ups in the middle of said road and get pissed when people drive past. On the way out of the bay I noticed the house right on the road so I crossed the pressure ridge sooner(sketchy), but on the way back in i wanted to stay on the road. That is when privileged ice castle owner yells at me and shakes his ice scoop for nearly running over his tip up. Why is there a tip up directly in the middle of damn near gravel road on the ice?
Ending I hope he reads this and pulls his head out. If you go through life thinking everyone’s being an asshole to you, you better understand that other people aren’t the assholes, it’s you!

Last edited:

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Easy thing to do would have been to drive over the tips ups. You then have two options. Keep going or stop and potentially get into an altercation when you inform the guy how big of an idiot he is.

Im sorry folks but it is time to end the “political correctness” on things like this and tell it like it is to these people so they realize their stupidity. If there are kids involved, under 13, then you need to take the PC route. Otherwise, if the education never takes place, how do we expect these people to learn.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pictures would really help in a situation like this. You could show both the house and tip ups.

SHEDZ

I am not one to complain often, but I witnessed something today that just irks me. At white earth bay there is a pressure ridge that crosses the mouth of the bay. A main road crosses the bay to get the the east shore line where the road then crosses the pressure ridge approximately 40 feet off shore. This ice road has been established there since Christmas time, so it looks like a highway across the ice. There’s been houses along there And they all usually pull off 150-200’ to fish.
Well today someone decides to drop there tandem axle ice castle right on the edge of the road. They then proceed to place tip ups in the middle of said road and get pissed when people drive past. On the way out of the bay I noticed the house right on the road so I crossed the pressure ridge sooner(sketchy), but on the way back in i wanted to stay on the road. That is when privileged ice castle owner yells at me and shakes his ice scoop for nearly running over his tip up. Why is there a tip up directly in the middle of damn near gravel road on the ice?
Ending I hope he reads this and pulls his head out. If you go through life thinking everyone’s being an asshole to you, you better understand that other people aren’t the assholes, it’s you!

In a situation like that a friendly call to the game warden would likely resolve that issue. but I agree he gets the asshat fishing move of the day award!! With the amount of traffic that uses that path because of the only access he will be waving his scooper a lot. ;:;rofl

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I might of had a problem getting those tip-ups untangled from my driveshaft, but it would of been worth it.

Brasmunky

Established Member
Setting up there may be inconsiderate but not its illegal. Dont waste the warden's time. The ice is public regardless if that's the "ice road". That dude has just as much right to fish that spot as you do to drive on it. I have done the same myself and cussed assholes for making my normal spot into an ice road. Maybe that dude has had a piece of structure marked there for years and yall just so happened to drive over it.

Stinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Setting up there may be inconsiderate but not its illegal. Dont waste the warden's time. The ice is public regardless if that's the "ice road". That dude has just as much right to fish that spot as you do to drive on it. I have done the same myself and cussed assholes for making my normal spot into an ice road. Maybe that dude has had a piece of structure marked there for years and yall just so happened to drive over it.

I never alluded to or stated it was illegal. It is just inconsiderate to force other sportsmen to put their life and gear at risk to cross a pressure ridge in a new spot.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I woulda stopped and told him what he's doing just for the response. Come on tard, let's hear it.

Brasmunky

Established Member
I never alluded to or stated it was illegal. It is just inconsiderate to force other sportsmen to put their life and gear at risk to cross a pressure ridge in a new spot.

Somebody further up said to call the warden. That would be a waste of his time. That's all I'm saying.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
probably the same d bag that did the same thing on Audubon about a month ago... i did drive over his tip up and dusted him with some diesel to make sure he knew who did it

Brasmunky

Established Member
There are an awful lot of salty folks on here. My view is that the ice is free game. If a guy wants to pop a hole and fish where trucks have packed it down that is his right. It may be a douche move but that's his call to make. Once he is fishing there it is also your responsibility to follow the law and keep the required distance. I'll tell you right now I have personally set up right in the middle of where folks have been driving. The only reason I did is because they just happened to make that road right on the spot I fish every time I go to this particular lake. I had no issues doing this and if anybody would have ran over my equipment or "dusted" me with exhaust there would have been issues which ended in them being ticketed by the warden. Long story short, unless somebody completely blocks access and is following the laws I dont see any problems.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should of stopped and told the guy what an asshole he is and maybe he would have got the message. Same shit happens everywhere. Idiots buy these big ass houses and then realize they can't get around very far with them so they think its OK to drop them on a trail or just off a trail and piss everyone off.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its a douche move plain and simple..no different than having ur spread set up and idiots arriving after you and setting up between you and the roost. Common courtesy goes a Helluva long way and it's good learning opportunity for those not following it.
Whether it's been ppl out on posted land the morning of hunting, ppl unloading their vehicle on the ramp, or maybe even us getting a little close to a guys boat in a tourney because of the wind this spring; strangely, saying something always works.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are an awful lot of salty folks on here. My view is that the ice is free game. If a guy wants to pop a hole and fish where trucks have packed it down that is his right. It may be a douche move but that's his call to make. Once he is fishing there it is also your responsibility to follow the law and keep the required distance. I'll tell you right now I have personally set up right in the middle of where folks have been driving. The only reason I did is because they just happened to make that road right on the spot I fish every time I go to this particular lake. I had no issues doing this and if anybody would have ran over my equipment or "dusted" me with exhaust there would have been issues which ended in them being ticketed by the warden. Long story short, unless somebody completely blocks access and is following the laws I dont see any problems.

Might not not be illegal to do but your still a dumb fuck for doing it. Maybe don’t be a lazy piece of shit and get out there and set your junk. up before noon and a road won’t be over your secret spot

Stinger

Founding Member
Founding Member

Please show me a law about required distances you have to stay away from tip ups while driving? I know it’s 50’ for setting up another house and 10’ when drilling holes next to other houses. Don’t get me wrong, I would never set up a house within a quarter mile of another house.

Brasmunky

Established Member
Might not not be illegal to do but your still a dumb fuck for doing it. Maybe don’t be a lazy piece of shit and get out there and set your junk. up before noon and a road won’t be over your secret spot

I am far from lazy or dumb or POS bud. This whole ordeal here is actually giving me the urge to find your favorite lake and set my stuff up right in the middle of the road every day.

P.S. Wentz is a 2 bit hack that should have been drafted to the CFL where he belongs

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake hidden wood is my spot there road pirate. Name another qb who won a supper bowl in there second year and didn’t even have to step on the field during the play offs?

Brasmunky

Established Member
Won a super bowl? Nick Foles won the super bowl. Wentz could have stayed home and the outcome would have been the same.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz held the clip board and encouraged foiles better than any one else. The ring on his finger proves it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74