Cat in Lincoln

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/-Mountain-lion-tracks-in-Lincoln-505466191.html

Mountain lion tracks have been found in Lincoln. According to the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, tracks were found early this morning. A furbearer biologist says the tracks indicate the animal moved through Lincoln to an area east of the University of Mary, and then headed toward the river. The Lincoln Police Department and Burleigh County Sheriff’s Department helped to follow the tracks.
The Bismarck area is located in mountain lion hunting zone 2. The mountain lion season in zone 2 is open through March 31. There is no limit on the number of mountain lions that can be taken in zone 2.

Looks like I will have to keep an eye open for this one he is pretty close to home

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live just west of Apple Creek below the University of Mary. Last week my neighbor tells me he saw what he thought was a lion about 2 in the morning when he couldn't sleep. He said he looked out the window and saw what he was sure was a lion in my yard. We looked for tracks, but we got too much snow so we couldn't see anything close to a cat track. I guess I took my trail camera down too soon. Now I'm going out and setting it back out.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put your camera back out with a deer rib cage and you should get some good pics.

Last edited:

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the pictures on the news are where I think they were in Lincoln he was 2-3 blocks for my house, I thought I was being watched last night moving snow and I was pretty sure it wasn't neighbor gals watching the old fat man move snow:confused:. Will have to watch if it circles back for another look. Looks like it headed towards U of Mary, nothing like a young college student for a snack. dukgnfsn

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live just N of the management area looks like he might be in our neighborhood tonight it just depends on which way he follows the river

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might have to go down there and catch it and strangle it with my bare hands.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/-Mountain-lion-tracks-in-Lincoln-505466191.html

Mountain lion tracks have been found in Lincoln. According to the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, tracks were found early this morning. A furbearer biologist says the tracks indicate the animal moved through Lincoln to an area east of the University of Mary, and then headed toward the river. The Lincoln Police Department and Burleigh County Sheriff’s Department helped to follow the tracks.
The Bismarck area is located in mountain lion hunting zone 2. The mountain lion season in zone 2 is open through March 31. There is no limit on the number of mountain lions that can be taken in zone 2.

Looks like I will have to keep an eye open for this one he is pretty close to home

Didn't Saje shoot one of these, several years back?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the one she shot was in the rifle range area not below U Mary.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy in watford that hunts them with dogs. If they want it expelled we can send him down. He has shot a bunch of them damn things.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy in watford that hunts them with dogs. If they want it expelled we can send him down. He has shot a bunch of them damn things.

No need we have this guy who should be hot on the track he was in SD yesterday chasing bobcats.

16426188_1275461592546974_8474150525456752144_n.jpg

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member

How do you tree them in an area that has very few trees?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the one she shot was in the rifle range area not below U Mary.
There are lions killed in both locations. The young girl shot her is down in McClain bottoms in 09 and another guy shot one back in 2013 in the Apple Creek Wildlife Management Area below Mary.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you tree them in an area that has very few trees?
they push em into caves actually. about a month ago they pushed a wounded one into a cave and a dog when down in after it. It was ugly as hell for awhile. One of them had to crawl into the space he could barely crawl into to get the dog. dog was face to face with the cat for a long time. took a few blows to the head from the cat until the dude was finally able to get a shot to the cat between it's eyes. dog survived though lol.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have a cat treed take a baseball bat or a big limb and swing and hit the tree trunk as hard as you can. Those cats hate it and it is fun to watch their reaction. Guessing they feel the vibration in their feet and quite often they will bail out of the tree from you doing this.

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:thumbsup

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105