Snow Forts

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite thing was 'roughing it" when I was a kid. They get pretty darn toasty and comfy with a bunch of candles and a camp stove making hard boiled eggs . That glaze of ice that forms from the heat seemed to make them colder .

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody always has to take the fun out everything. I'm with Ahab, I should have never made it to my teenage years with all the snow forts we used to build. We had a few big enough to have separate rooms with tunnels connecting them.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember being in the forts when it would blowing like hell outside and it would be quiet inside them, we had candles and coffee can stoves for heat and extra cigarettes in case we got stormed in, for fuel for the stove, we used built-rite cut into 1in pieces that were soaked in hot wax, you put a few of them in the stove and they would really heat, and yes we should have been dead many times growing up, for shovels we used used short handled spades and the good old army surplus shovels

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a buddy in high school that used to camp overnight in his snow caves. He did this quite a bit and never caved in on him either. we spent a lot of time in snow caves but i never spent the night in one.

Deerwatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep your kids in doors wrapped in bubble wrap and strapped to the couch with all the electric devices they can handle!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could get a drift big enough to play in to position itself somewhere other than my driveway for a change.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74