The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, as expected the NEW SB 2315 AS AMENDED is EVEN WORSE (and waaay sneakier) than the original. It has now become more confusing and anti-hunter than the original version. There are glaring issues in the new effort slopped together by Senator Erbele in his desperation to get a win for his big money, special interest buddies and apparently now HIS CORPORATE HUNTING RETREAT FRIENDS AS WELL!!!

Here’s the current version of the amendment in PDF (not final released version...but I'm guessing it's pretty close).

Here are the highlights:

I. THERE WOULD NOW BE THREE LEVELS OF POSTING IN ND.
That’s right, under the Amendment, we’d have THREE types of land: Posted, Unposted…and…something like posted which requires permission (which is what posted land is NOW), creating further confusion that in addition to your app, platbook or GPS chip, would require cellphone access AND visual confirmation to determine is the land:

1) Posted Land where you CAN’T call and ask;
2) Unposted Land which you can access;
3) Or this third level that is technically posted, but you can call and ask

This new three-level program creates confusion and an added layer that supposedly will be managed by a database and an advisory group (with NO public input, only government agents and their designees). In the end, most landowners would still have to post their land

II. THE DATABASE.
The proposed database, besides being managed by the same folks who came up with this amendment, IS NOT MANDATORY for counties to participate in (“…whose counties meet the specifications…”). Therefore, counties like Ransom, which do not release landowner info and phone numbers as part of their GIS program, WILL NOT BE PART OF IT, further fragmenting the state and rendering the database unreliable and less useful. This database concept has been tried in Sioux County and FAILED MISERABLY, with only a small percentage of landowners participating. Expect the same here, only sportsmen get to bear the expense, and get no input!

FINALLY – and the WORST GUT-PUNCH OF ALL --- ALL UNPOSTED LANDS ARE NOW EXPLICITLY UP FOR THE USE OF GUIDES AND OUTFITTERS TO TAKE THEIR RICH CLIENTS HUNTING AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CITIZEN HUNTER!

III. UNPOSTED LANDS EXPRESSLY OPEN TO GUIDES & OUTFITTERS

A sneaky addition in the Amendment SELLS YOUR HUNTING RIGHTS to commercial operators throughout the state.

>>>This is how it will read with the amendment
20.1-03-42. Guiding on prohibited lands.

“…If private land is not posted against hunting or trespassing under section 20.1-01-17 or designated as closed to hunters or open to hunters upon receipt of permission under section 20.1-18-02, a person may act as a hunting guide or hunting outfitter on the land.

KISS YOUR HUNTING ACCESS GOODBYE AND BEND OVER FOR THE RICH! THAT’S WHAT THE NEW SB 2315 IS ALL ABOUT --- WHAT A “COMPROMISE” BY ERBELE AND THE STOCKMEN – STICKING IT TO PUBLIC HUNTING AGAIN WITH A SYSTEM THAT WILL DECREASE ACCESS, INCREASE CONFUSION, TAKE OVERSIGHT FROM THE PEOPLE AND SELL PUBLIC HUNTING TO THE RICH!!!

TIME TO MOUNT UP AND CALL AND EMAIL YOUR LEGISLATORS. IF YOU DIDN’T THINK SB 2315 COULD GET ANY WORSE – IT HAS!!!!! IT'S ONE UGLY HOGHOUSE BILL!

https://www.legis.nd.gov/contact-my-legislators

StillAPig 2315 copy.jpg

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This would be a great place for anyone to provide sensible suggestions for verbiage to pass on to legislators about this amendment AND appropriate contact info again if someone has that handy. Thanks.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OUTSTANDING!!!!! I've been making calls to many of the landowners in my sphere of contacts and many of them were unaware of this insanity. Upon letting them know, all of them expressed shock followed by severe annoyance at such an affront to their rights and property. I don't think these corrupt individuals could have done anything better to help get this bill KILLED. ALL of the landowners I've contacted were unaware of any of this. We need to let them know what this bill is trying to do. I would encourage everyone to contact any landowner you know and make sure they are aware of these individuals, this bill, and what they are trying to do.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When is this scheduled for it's next hearing?

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
When is this scheduled for it's next hearing?

That's the WORST part - THERE IS USUALLY NO HEARING with a hoghouse bill (one where the committee just amends it and tosses it out to the floor for a vote - likely Friday/Monday)...we're up against it my friends, more ramrodding at the expense of hunters.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There won't be another hearing from the Senate Ag Committee. It goes to the senate floor for a vote early next week. The Senate committee hearing is over.

Funny how that worked out.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can somebody slow walk me through this III. UNPOSTED LANDS EXPRESSLY OPEN TO GUIDES & OUTFITTERS

What the hell does it mean exactly? I feel retarded but don't quite "get it".

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can somebody slow walk me through this III. UNPOSTED LANDS EXPRESSLY OPEN TO GUIDES & OUTFITTERS

It means more land will be posted

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont even know where to begin.....What an utter disaster. Sportsman need to pull together. Seriously, email the entire senate about how ridiculous this is, NOW. Dont rely on others. We all need to voice our concerns. Here is the email list...just copy n paste.

hcanderson@nd.gov
jbakke@nd.gov
bbekkedahl@nd.gov
raburckhard@nd.gov
dclemens@nd.gov
dcook@nd.gov
kdavison@nd.gov
ddever@nd.gov
jdotzenrod@nd.gov
madwyer@nd.gov
jayelkin@nd.gov
rerbele@nd.gov
rfors@nd.gov
jgrabinger@nd.gov
jheckaman@nd.gov
khogan@nd.gov
dhogue@nd.gov
rholmberg@nd.gov
jkannianen@nd.gov
jklein@nd.gov
kkrebsbach@nd.gov
ckreun@nd.gov
olarsen@nd.gov
dklarson@nd.gov
galee@nd.gov
jlee@nd.gov
lluick@nd.gov
rmarcellais@nd.gov
tmathern@nd.gov
scottmeyer@nd.gov
jmyrdal@nd.gov
eoban@nd.gov
doehlke@nd.gov
aosland@nd.gov
dpatten@nd.gov
mpiepkorn@nd.gov
npoolman@nd.gov
lrobinson@nd.gov
jroers@nd.gov
kroers@nd.gov
drust@nd.gov
dgschaible@nd.gov
rsorvaag@nd.gov
jkunruh@nd.gov
svedaa@nd.gov
tmwanzek@nd.gov
rwardner@nd.gov

Remind them they work for us, and the way they vote on this will not be forgotten during the next election. This has turned me into a single issue voter. I for one, will not stand for this BS.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
well a resident better share this on facebook and every social media out let and put the pressure on

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is one thing to have land unposted and whoever finds it can hunt it. It is a another thing to put it in a database and tell the world.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

To me it means a guide or outfitter can set up shop on any land that isn't posted. Another words guides and outfitters can make money off your land without your knowledge and approval.

What a shit show this is turning into! I expect this to go down in flames but if not we are all screwed! Sportsman and landowners need to unite against this shit bill!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
ALL --- THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO THE SENATE, Please Feel Free to Copy and adjust:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Senators - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have seen the proposed amended version of SB 2315 and I am even more concerned about this bill than I was prior to the hearing for the original and immediately after. This is not the solution that is best for ND, as it creates confusion for landowners and hunters alike and further degrades public hunting opportunities for the average North Dakotan in favor of the rich. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The fact that the hoghouse bill creates an advisory group with no public representation, lays out the plan for a multi-layered and confusing database that most landowners will likely not avail themselves of at increased cost to the state, and - worst of all - explicitly sets forth any potentially remaining unposted lands for the use of commercial hunting and outfitting groups, shows that this bill will continue to destroy our hunting heritage and does not provide REAL solutions to the perceived and actual problems of trespass and poaching for both landowners and law-abiding hunters that have been at issue since the get-go.

We can find a better way, but only if YOU VOTE NO ON AMENDED SB 2315. Thank you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,

---C&P Senate Address List---

hcanderson@nd.gov, jbakke@nd.gov, bbekkedahl@nd.gov, raburckhard@nd.gov, dclemens@nd.gov, dcook@nd.gov, kdavison@nd.gov, ddever@nd.gov, jdotzenrod@nd.gov, madwyer@nd.gov, jayelkin@nd.gov, rfors@nd.gov, jgrabinger@nd.gov, jheckaman@nd.gov, khogan@nd.gov, dhogue@nd.gov, rholmberg@nd.gov, jkannianen@nd.gov, jklein@nd.gov, kkrebsbach@nd.gov, ckreun@nd.gov, olarsen@nd.gov, dklarson@nd.gov, galee@nd.gov, jlee@nd.gov, lluick@nd.gov, rmarcellais@nd.gov, tmathern@nd.gov, scottmeyer@nd.gov, jmyrdal@nd.gov, eoban@nd.gov, doehlke@nd.gov, aosland@nd.gov, dpatten@nd.gov, mpiepkorn@nd.gov, npoolman@nd.gov, lrobinson@nd.gov, jroers@nd.gov, kroers@nd.gov, drust@nd.gov, dgschaible@nd.gov, rsorvaag@nd.gov, svedaa@nd.gov, tmwanzek@nd.gov, rwardner@nd.gov

[/FONT]

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the N.D.G.F stand on this? They should have some say.
[FONT=&quot]Terry Steinwand should be put on the spot.[/FONT]

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
What is the N.D.G.F stand on this? They should have some say.
Terry Steinwand should be put on the spot.

Terry works for and takes his orders from the Governor of the State of North Dakota.

If ever you want the NDGF to take a stance on something, make the Governor feel the political pressure, not the NDGF Director.

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm lost also. Under the current regulations, Is it illegal for a guide or outfitter to hunt (take clients) on unposted private land.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1. They are not making the app mandatory for all landowner information 2. They do not state if they get no reply from a landowner if the land is listed as automatically posted or open
3. I don’t know many landowners that want their personal information posted on a public forum whether they post or leave their land open

This is a bad bill that hasn’t been thought out and rushed once again in another session. They should have been working on a compromise for the last 2 years instead they proposed a garbage bill to start. These law makers should be voted out of office and it may take some of us to run against these people.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75