Pelican Point Jamestown Reservoir

Kvolness

Wondering what the snow conditions on the lake are? Are there any roads plowed or is it nearly impossible to bring a permanent ice house out?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kavolness I am stuck indoors this winter, but I live on the west side of Jamestown reservoir and I don't see a house out there. I don't know if it's snow or a poor bite. I have gone for a few rides and see some houses on Pipestem. A month ago my grandson was doing good on crappies on the Pipestem. North of my house a mile their is usually a small city of houses. I can't see it from my house, but when I come back from town I can see up there and there is one house. Sorry I can't be of more help.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah it is, if your not fishing it no point in going to Pelican Point. Haven't been to Pipestem but once since the new year and it was slow...

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tournament is this weekend. I have not been out there or seen first hand, but a fellow sportsman I talked with a few weeks ago said that there was a huge pressure ridge somewhere up in that vicinity. If so, I highly doubt that tournament officials will mark or flag because of liability reasons. Any and all attending, be safe.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The pressure ridge is just south of the boat ramp...

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was just out to Pelican Point . There is "lots" of snow on the lake. They have 3 skidsteers with blowers on blowing just a couple trails basically to get their stuff and equipment out there. Parking is going to be another issue. They have one field up top partially cleared. Better have your extensions on with all the snow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75