$90K Aluminum

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lund has a new limited edition Pro V on ther website listed at $90K. I can’t understand the market for this boat when you can get a top notch glass boat for $75-85K loaded to the nuts. This doesn’t even have electronics. I don’t get it, or am I missing something??

Crazy IMO!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lund has a new limited edition Pro V on ther website listed at $90K. I can’t understand the market for this boat when you can get a top notch glass boat for $75-85K loaded to the nuts. This doesn’t even have electronics. I don’t get it, or am I missing something??

Crazy IMO!

Agreed. That Lund is 2300# dry. 21' Nitro is 600# heavier, 21' Ranger is 100# heavier, and a 21' Yar-Craft is 100# lighter. The whole "Glass is so much heavier than AL" doesn't wash anymore. I seriously doubt that a tow vehicle is going to even notice the difference between towing a 2300# boat vs. 2900# boat or lets just say 4200# vs. 4800# with the motor, trailer, fuel, and gear. That 600# isn't going to slow down the same HP outboard either because of what can be done with 'Glass vs. AL. Can't say I'd be rushing to drop $90K on a 21' AL boat that still uses lots of plywood.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
you'd have to be out of your mind to pay that for a can when you can have a glass boat for less lol.

Stobber

I have always used aluminum boats, and after being out of the boat game for a while just purchased a riveted boat and am exstatic. That being said there does seem to be a disconnnect as to why you would pay that. Lunds have always been at the top of the aluminum game, espicially when it comes to price, but that's a little insane. Are there some new features we are not used to seeing?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i could see for the guys that fish shallow rocky rivers, but for the guys around here - oof... hard pass...

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hmmmm....guess first thing I ask is $90K for a boat...no matter what it's made of...wow!

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can’t say I understand how the boat is $90k. Glass or Aluminum..

I can see the market though. Not everyone has same priorities in boats. Those aluminum Pro V’s have storage compartments in every possible location.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56