Benchmade.....

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you guys see the news about Benchmade. The Oregon City Police asked Benchmade to destroy guns for them and now they are getting a ton of backlash. People are starting to dig up dirt on them and found that they are giving contributions to Democratic anti 2A politicians. There are a lot of angry people at Benchmade right now.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/be...er-helping-police-destroy-guns/#ixzz5gCVzcZOC
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Oregon City, Oregon – -(AmmoLand.com)- Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department. [Concerning Police Destroying Guns]
“We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement:
“When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.”
– Benchmade

benchmade-knives-logo.jpg
About Benchmade Knife Company
For more than two decades, Benchmade Knife Company, has been committed to exceeding the expectations of elite users around the world through manufacturing a broad range of products that offer superior quality and performance, built to meet the specific needs of a wide and loyal customer base. In addition, all Benchmade products are covered by the company's LifeSharp service and limited lifetime warranty.
For more information about Benchmade's world class products and Customer Service, please call 1-800-800-7427 or visit www.benchmade.com.

[h=3]Editors Update: here is the Social Media Post (now removed) that Benchmade is Responding to:[/h] Benchmade Helping Police Destroy Guns

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000047693&cycle=A

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's sad to see, the open secrets link spells out where they spend the money and who they actually support. Looks like I've bought my last Benchmade knife.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
No good deed goes unpunished. Voluntarily helping law enforcement and now getting drug through the mud. It’s smart business to donate to anti gun dems if you want to stay in business in Oregon. How many pro gun Republicans also got money? No different than Trump donating to the Clintons when he was running his business in NYC. Gotta grease both sides of the isle and especially the party in power where your business is located. The world isn’t black or white as so many would like it to be.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
No good deed goes unpunished. Voluntarily helping law enforcement and now getting drug through the mud. It’s smart business to donate to anti gun dems if you want to stay in business in Oregon. How many pro gun Republicans also got money? No different than Trump donating to the Clintons when he was running his business in NYC. Gotta grease both sides of the isle and especially the party in power where your business is located. The world isn’t black or white as so many would like it to be.

Right. Donations aside. When the 5-0 came a' knockin I would have politely told them to find another facility to destroy guns. Any one with any pro 2A feelings alarm bells should have been going off at that moment. They said COME ON IN GUYS HAVE A DONUT!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do make a damn fine knife though, shit

I’ve owned 2-3 Benchmade’s w/154 blades 1 in S390, and at least 2 w/S30V. I don’t know what Benchmade does wrong but they SUCK compared to other knives I own w/same steels. I quit buying Benchmade about a decade ago because I didn’t like them. If they think cutting up guns is a wise decision and in their own best interest then I’m not going to have to worry about testing any of their new products either.

Currently I’ve grown quite fond of Mcusta w/VG-10.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t own any Benchmade products but I’m getting real tired of the hyper reactionary bullshit. If did even a modicum of research, you’d discover something “shady” about nearly every single company you patronize. Hells bells, I’m typing this on an iPhone made by Chinese slave labor. ARE WE GOING TO BOYCOTT CHINA? Good luck. Say goodbye to 80% of your possessions.

What, all of the sudden you’re too chicken to boycott? The Chinese government is doing stuff 1,000x worse than sawing up surrendered or confiscated tools. (Remember, guns are just tools. They don’t have magical powers and are not sentient beings, which is why we’re against banning them... right????)

I get it. There are some companies I won’t touch with a 20’ pole (TALKING TO YOU, DICK’S), but if you’re being intellectually honest and morally consistent, you’ll end up living out of a burlap sack... which is possibly why we have religious orders that do just that.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: My EDC is a Leatherman Wingman. Now THERE is a bunch of tree hugging lefty tool makers... who make a damn fine $50 pocket tool. Of course, if we don’t want to remain peaceful because of our mutually beneficial business interest, we could always just blow each other up.

Ever wonder why US and China haven’t nuked each other?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone familiar with the democrat “conservation” group Backcountry Hunters and Anglers out of MT? Well I just learned about them. They’re a political PAC that provides funding and political cover for extremist leftist politicians. They’re supported by Kimber, Weatherby, Savage, Leupold, Federal just to name a few. Hell, some of those companies’ employees actually work for BCHA. We’re all going to boycott those companies now, right? RIGHT??

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bed Wetter that's sad, but true. Sure wish we had some better alternatives. It's like going to vote. You have to vote for the pervert or the money worshiper. I feel like I need a shower every time I leave the voting booth.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone familiar with the democrat “conservation” group Backcountry Hunters and Anglers out of MT? Well I just learned about them. They’re a political PAC that provides funding and political cover for extremist leftist politicians. They’re supported by Kimber, Weatherby, Savage, Leupold, Federal just to name a few. Hell, some of those companies’ employees actually work for BCHA. We’re all going to boycott those companies now, right? RIGHT??

The portion in bold above is completely false. BHA is a nonprofit 501c3 and forbidden to donate money to any political campaign, endorse a candidate for office, provide volunteers for political campaigns, use mailing lists, etc.

Perhaps you heard/read some information from a biased and/or unreliable source.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like to use your knife as a screwdriver or pry-bar, stay away from the Mcusta VG-10 I referenced above. They're REALLY sharp, and easy to keep sharp on a set of ceramic sticks but the blades are pretty fine and will chip if you start doing something other than cutting.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The portion in bold above is completely false. BHA is a nonprofit 501c3 and forbidden to donate money to any political campaign, endorse a candidate for office, provide volunteers for political campaigns, use mailing lists, etc.

Perhaps you heard/read some information from a biased and/or unreliable source.

land tawney was the leader of sportsman for obama in montana......no need to get off topic. back to the hyper over reaction of bench made.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I own several Benchmade knives. If I'm in the market, I'll buy another one. Destroying some thugs 9mm that has its serial number scraped off, because the Police Department asked you too, isn't a big alarm to me. It's called "Supporting your local Law Enforcement". Apparently I'm looking at this all wrong...

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I own several Benchmade knives. If I'm in the market, I'll buy another one. Destroying some thugs 9mm that has its serial number scraped off, because the Police Department asked you too, isn't a big alarm to me. It's called "Supporting your local Law Enforcement". Apparently I'm looking at this all wrong...

My brother lives in Oregon City where Benchmade is at and he said the biggest problem people have with Benchmade right now is what politician they are giving money too. And yes I know know that its a good business move, especially in Oregon but a lot of people feel that a busines that really relys on hunters should support a politician that is pro-hunting/2A

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s smart business to donate to anti gun dems if you want to stay in business in Oregon. How many pro gun Republicans also got money?

From the link and they even donated to Dems from other states.

Money to congressional candidates: 2018 Cycle
Dems:
blue.gif
$7,900
Repubs:
red.gif
$0
Others:
green.gif
$0
Incumbents:
black.gif
$7,900
Non-Incumbents:
black.gif
$0

House# of MembersAverage ContributionTotal Contributions
Democrats1$5,200$5,200
Republicans0$0$0
Independents0$0$0
TOTAL1$5,200$5,200
Total: $7,900
Source of Funds:
green.gif
green_lt.gif
Party Split:
blue.gif
red.gif

green.gif
Individuals
green_lt.gif
PACs
blue.gif
Dems
red.gif
Repubs

Select Cycle:
201820162014201220102008200620042002200019981996199419921990 Sort by:
Amount Name Filter by State:
All states New Mexico Oregon Chamber/Party:
All House Democrats House Republicans Senate Democrats Senate Republicans

NameOfficeTotal Contributions
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR)House$5,200
Heinrich, Martin (D-NM)Senate$2,700

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member

Dems:
blue.gif
$7,900
Repubs:
red.gif
$0
Others:
green.gif
$0
Incumbents:
black.gif
$7,900
Non-Incumbents:
black.gif
$0

Democrats1$5,200$5,200
Republicans0$0$0
Independents0$0$0
TOTAL1$5,200$5,200
Source of Funds:
green.gif
green_lt.gif
Party Split:
blue.gif
red.gif

green.gif
Individuals
green_lt.gif
PACs
blue.gif
Dems
red.gif
Repubs

Select Cycle:
201820162014201220102008200620042002200019981996199419921990 Sort by:
Amount Name Filter by State:
All states New Mexico Oregon Chamber/Party:
All House Democrats House Republicans Senate Democrats Senate Republicans

NameOfficeTotal Contributions
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR)House$5,200
Heinrich, Martin (D-NM)Senate$2,700

I can't and won't try to dispute that. It's been several years since Benchmade has donated to Republicans. However, in your posted example, Martin Heinrich of NM is a hunter and has been a staunch supporter of hunters and public land access in New Mexico via the HUNT Act. He also worked with Ryan Zinke of the Trump administration and has worked with Richard Burr (Republican) from North Carolina on similar sportsman issues. Doesn't seem like an anti gun or anti hunting politician to me and that may be why Benchmade would want to support someone like him who promotes and protects our rights to hunt and fish.

https://www.heinrich.senate.gov/vie...ve-hunting-and-fishing-access-on-public-lands

http://congressionalsportsmen.org/caucuses/congressional/sen-martin-heinrich

My point in my original post on this issue is that things aren't always as simple as we want them to be. Not all Reps are good and not all Dems are bad. Political parties and the blind loyalty to each party is destroying this country. Very few look beyond the R or the D and usually suffer confirmation bias when seeking information.

Both parties can and will screw us if we blindly follow. I've been screwed too many times by blindly following the Reps so now I put my faith in God and not any one political party.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How many pro gun Republicans also got money?

Dems:
blue.gif
$7,900
Repubs:
red.gif
$0
Others:
green.gif
$0
Incumbents:
black.gif
$7,900
Non-Incumbents:
black.gif
$0

Democrats1$5,200$5,200
Republicans0$0$0
Independents0$0$0
TOTAL1$5,200$5,200

Source of Funds:
green.gif
green_lt.gif
Party Split:
blue.gif
red.gif

I can't and won't try to dispute that. It's been several years since Benchmade has donated to Republicans. However, in your posted example, Martin Heinrich of NM is a hunter and has been a staunch supporter of hunters and public land access in New Mexico via the HUNT Act.

My point in my original post on this issue is that things aren't always as simple as we want them to be. Not all Reps are good and not all Dems are bad. Political parties and the blind loyalty to each party is destroying this country.

Both parties can and will screw us if we blindly follow. I've been screwed too many times by blindly following the Reps so now I put my faith in God and not any one political party.

I was answering your question regarding how many Reps were donated too. I copied the link I had to answer your question.

I think about 99% of politicians are full of shit and should be tarred, feathered and run out of town. That said I do believe that the Dems hate and want to limit me more than the Reps do.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75