Looking for new Lab Pup to add to the family

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have decided to get a new puppy for the family with the girls getting older, 4 and 7, and with our current chocolate lab Sadie at 8yrs old. We have tried to contact the breeders around Clinton MN where we got Sadie as we have been very happy with her as a family and kids dog but have not had much luck and the info we have found makes it look like they are doing other breeds now.
Here is what we are looking for
-Female Chocolate Lab (primary) possibly may consider a Springer Spaniel (would prefer liver and white)
-Family and kid friendly. I know that a lot of this has to do with the environment raised in.
-Sorry not trying to be a cheap skate but I WILL NOT pay $1,500. Sadie was $250 8yrs ago and has done fine in the field for being my first hunting dog to train, good health and again great family dog.
-Willing to travel some (live near the Fargo area)
-NO WE ARE NOT DOING A RESCUE DOG

Any advise or contacts you folks would be appreciated, thank you.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you considered a GSP? I will be in Fargo with a couple pups the weekend of March 1st.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you considered a GSP? I will be in Fargo with a couple pups the weekend of March 1st.

Sorry I think GSP's are out, but if you want to PM some info to me I can check with the wife. I am still negotiating other possibilities such as a spaniel.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy and I both have almost 2 year old labs from Tamarack Kennels that we are very happy with. They were around $600-$700 and good house and hunting dogs. Picture is from their first pheasant opener

http://www.tamaracklabs.com/home.html

olenberksmall.jpg

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

Well we decided to stray away form the search for a Lab and decided to go with one of the female GSP from EricB, once the wife saw the pictures and thought very little about it she decided that the search could be over. We are very excited to see the new addition and bring it home, it will also be a surprise for our girls and should make life a little more interesting around the house.
Thanks EricB

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My buddy and I both have almost 2 year old labs from Tamarack Kennels that we are very happy with. They were around $600-$700 and good house and hunting dogs. Picture is from their first pheasant opener

http://www.tamaracklabs.com/home.html

They look like such nice pups with nice demeanors. (But knowing labs, you will still be dealing with them being puppies for about another 6-7 years.) Thanks for sharing the photo. It brings back warm memories of ours.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67