Boat motor swap???

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Howdy everyone I have 2004 135 hp Opti Max with a blown power head instead of rebuilding the motor I am looking at buying a 2002 Evinrude 200hp 2 stroke and putting that on my 1850 pro v
200 is the max hp for the boat and I got a good deal on it(cheaper then a new PH for Opti) my question how much extra the install will cost I am having north country marine take off my Merc and mounting the Evinrude but they don't have a certified Evinrude mech. So I'll probably have to take it elsewhere to have the gauges and other wiring done I'm just looking for a general price of labor and such so it's not a shocker for me thanks for any input...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure about install cost -- but i would think it would be rather easy---- my q would be with the mechanic is to go through the fuel system --- make sure it was not the issue with the opti blowing. I would probably replace the hoses all of them to make sure everything is good supplying fuel to the motor.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
The motor didn't actually blow per say a bolt busted off in the power head due to travel on rough roads and rough seas I'm not the easiest on equipment....so more power might be the death of me but I'll have fun getting there

- - - Updated - - -

North country tried to get the bolt out but it's a 1/4 inch hardened bolt that is broke 6 inches deep into the PH and it's lock tighted the head is aluminum

Last edited:

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought about seeing if the guy at the boat show with all the rebuilt motors would buy it but I'm open to offers because I have no clue lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59