house/basement leveling

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My basement is about 2" lower on the west side than the east. What are options for leveling out a house with poured concrete(Camrud Foss) basement? Do the lift the entire works?... or just the house at the sill plate?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My basement is about 2" lower on the west side than the east. What are options for leveling out a house with poured concrete(Camrud Foss) basement? Do the lift the entire works?... or just the house at the sill plate?

Lets talk. Helical piers and push piers are a possiblity. Push piers are usually needed in the rrv because how far it needs to go to hit glacial drift. I could probably ball park a price too

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets talk. Helical piers and push piers are a possiblity. Push piers are usually needed in the rrv because how far it needs to go to hit glacial drift. I could probably ball park a price too

And all this time I thought you sold window coverings...

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And all this time I thought you sold window coverings...

I dabble in many things

- - - Updated - - -

Guy will probably do it himself, and i want to help. I'll just charge a consulting fee of smoked meats and Stella's

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe I’ll just remain the crooked little man living in the crooked little house

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
its a mess and expensive as hell. Like - take a second mortgage out expensive

We have supplied stuff for companies to do that out in the shale here and i almost thought it would be cheaper to build a new house not the side of a shale hill.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe I’ll just remain the crooked little man living in the crooked little house

What’s 2” elevation difference across your 220’ wide footprint? Unless you’re like that princess who sleeps atop 8 mattresses and can still feel the pea...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dabble in many things

- - - Updated - - -

Guy will probably do it himself, and i want to help. I'll just charge a consulting fee of smoked meats and Stella's

typically yes, but this has DIY disaster written all over it - ha ha

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have supplied stuff for companies to do that out in the shale here and i almost thought it would be cheaper to build a new house not the side of a shale hill.

a few years ago when i was making 10% commission on those jobs i wasnt complaining. It would have to be a pretty bad situation for me to recommend it now. Just monitor it. Throw a laser level up every few months and measure down from the floor joists to see if its getting worse, then something should be done.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it seems stable at this point - happened when previous owner let it stew in groundwater juices - my theory anyway

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd think it would be easier to just add more weight to the high side so it sinks faster and eventually catches up to the low side.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd think it would be easier to just add more weight to the high side so it sinks faster and eventually catches up to the low side.

Ha ha - yes, I have considered this!

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pisa/interventions2.html

- - - Updated - - -
towerfromheli.jpeg

workers.jpeg

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
what are the dimensions of your house, i mean on a 30 foot long would be a big deal, on a 200 foot house not that big of deal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75