Boat Ad Done Right

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Completely Refurbished 1979 16 Ft. Lund Mr. Pike - $3100 OBO

This boat has been completely redone in the last 7 years and always stored in the barn.

Decking - I removed every board and replaced them with 3/4 inch plywood coated in marine grade oil based paint. The boards were then covered in marine grade carpet. A casting deck was added to the rear with a metal tape for those big pigs (walleyes, not women) this boat is guaranteed to catch you. The main deck is maintenance free decking that was stained to match. It should last another 40 years or at until your death; whichever comes first.

Paint - The paint job was a wedding gift from a friend who works in the auto body business. So, it was done right. Its a dark hunter's green with just a tiny bit of flaking for those who like glitter sparkles with their trolls and coffee in the morning. I did use it for a few years afterwards. So, it has your typical scratches in the "new" paint job for a used boat. Logos were applied in the last year or so. They complement the green paint job like the Asian women will compliment you when you pull up at the dock with a limit of white bass.

Seats - 2 of the 3 pedestals and mounts are new since the decking was redone and are removable. The seats are from a 20 year old Tracker that I also have for sale. They are sturdy and in very good shape for their age. I moved the real good ones that I had in the Mr. Pike to the Tracker when I got it ready for sale last summer. Its my way of polishing that turd cause its got nothing on this beauty.

Trolling Motor - its an older 50 pound thrust power drive. That too is in remarkably good shape. It will function as well as the foot pedal that runs it. Will probably throw in an extra foot pedal just to be safe cause we all know those things can be as finicky as a woman once you put a ring on her.

Steering column - The faceboard was replaced when I did the rest of the boat. It was stained and sealed. Shows a bit of wear now. Steering wheel was replaced as well. The toggle panel and/or instrument panel was replaced just last summer. It lights up with green LEDs with at least a couple of USB ports and a voltage meter built in. It is set up to run the the bilge, live well, lights and whatever electronics you want to hook up to this old beauty. Can and tool holder for your ice cold bush lattes, mouth spreader, hook removal tool and phone.

Motor - Runs great. Just had it out on the water last fall. It will do 23-25 MPH and get up on plane without problem with 2 or 3 regular sized men and equipment. If I dig hard and look through an old phone, I think I can find the video I made last summer of this beauty making waves on East Bay.

Livewell, bilge and lights work flawlessly.

There is at least one new transducer mounting board on the back. Will have to look. But, there might be one on each side.

Roller Trailer - Rusty, shows its age and one light is cracked. However, I have two new in the package marine trailer lights that I would throw in for free. It has a relatively new winch as well as jack wheel and mount on the front tongue. It also has newer boards on each side for standing on to remove and place items inside.

Storage - 1 compartment up front in the bow for the trolling motor battery. Another up front in the front casting deck for anchors and/or life jackets. 1 side compartment for rods, etc... 2 compartment live well between the main deck and the front casting deck. This boat has more storage that that double wide trailer you grew up in.

Electronics - I have removed all electronics from this boat. I previously had a bow mount and dash mount lowrance with HDI downscan and structure scan. However, they have been moved to another boat as they were overkill for this boat and I don't think I could have gotten my money worth out of them if I sold them with this boat. Together, they were worth almost as much as the boat. So, its a clean slate for you in that regard.

I also removed all rod holders as folks tend to be picky about what they use for rod holders and where they want them located.

I will throw in an anchor or two, minnow bucket and any other extras you might see laying around the barn when you come to buy it. Only thing off limits would be the kids, wife and dogs. Wife is negotiable I guess if the price is right. Hell... who am I kidding... kids are too.

Overall this is a very solid boat that I am sad to part with. But, I need to get rid of some stuff and look at possibly upgrading for my growing family.

Thanks for looking and DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER!

https://www.bismanonline.com/devils_lake_nd/completely_refurbished_1979_16_ft_lund_mr_pike

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the plug Mike! To be clear, she is a very solid boat. Wife hates me now. So, she is probably free. Buy her a new house and i am 99% certain she will go willingly. I do have some older electronics i would throw in. Two actually. Dash and bow. Greyscale. ;)

think the pictures are fixed now. also... seriously... make an offer. $3100 was pulled out of the sky.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do the kids have any look of foreign descent? Hoping to flip them to a celebrity(I think Angelina Jolie is back in the market).

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How on earth could you sell that thing!? It would be like getting rid of part of your soul.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't want to sell it. to me, its worth more than i could possibly get for it as i know it will last until i am dead and serve as a great ditch boat when i get to the point in life i can do more ditch fishing again.

i just never get to use it at this point in my life. its getting to the point i literally get out on my own boat like twice per year. the tracker i use has been out 4 times i think since 2017. its taking up space in the barn and a topic of contention with the wife. just need to sell some stuff. this one first. tracker is going up for sale next. pretty decent boat too. everything works on both.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Download Tinder and keep the boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding. Don’t do that.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I smell a job opportunity in marketing with Vexus Boats for Espringers!

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm just impressed that your wife knows what is in the barn...hell anything I don't want the wife to know I came home with goes in my barn...she'll never look in there!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the mouth-spreader at the helm similar to something we'd typically see employed on a fishing show, or is it something that a guy needs a membership to XXX websites to learn how to use?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67