Tires- recommendations

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interested in hearing from the peanut gallery anyone who runs Duratracs on thier rigs.
I am looking to put them on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler
-I estimate only 6-8,000 miles driven each year
- mostly pavement..city...and gravel...and the frozen lakes when access isn't a big PITA like this year.
- live in ND so snow covered roads in winter..duh

Reviews on goodyear site appear favorable.
What say you? Thanks!

Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have them on an F150. Have about 30k on them and they are wearing nicely. I like them and will probably get another set when needed.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The company i worked for put duratracs on all their survey trucks. Never really cared for them were noisy on the highway probably great for kicken up mud but as far as snow or ice covered roads terrible traction.

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a set on my Tundra last fall and have been very happy with them so far with all the snow and ice. They did not improve my gas mileage;:;popcorn

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything with any grip will hinder mileage as the grip bites the road constantly and catches air as the tire is turning.
Also try to put them on in the late fall so you have new tread for winter.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my second set of 10 ply's. Got 50k miles on the first set rotating every 5k miles. I have about 30k miles on the current set and they will easily go to 50. I have been pretty happy with them so far, they are great in deep snow.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good tire, but noisy. Had on numerous Co. trucks

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my second set of 10 ply's. Got 50k miles on the first set rotating every 5k miles. I have about 30k miles on the current set and they will easily go to 50. I have been pretty happy with them so far, they are great in deep snow.
That’s a lot of tire rotations.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont want to start a pissin match but this fall i changed from ko2 and went with toyo CT on my 2500. Its newer to the states i think after being tested in canada but this has been a great tire this winter and your supposed to get an east 50k outta them.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been a Bridgestone Revo supportir for many years for there excellent snow and ice performance. My F150 with 20” rims forced me into a set of BFG KO2s due the BFGs being the only reputable 10 ply tire in the size I needed. On my second set now and am overall pretty impressed with them. Not the best tire on ice, but in snow they are great and got 70k miles out if them. Would’ve been 80k miles had it not been winter. Not the ice traction of the Revos, but they wear like iron and we’re great in the snow!

Last edited:

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love tire threads.
Yeah i run them on my 3/4 ton. Lovem. I have almost 50k on them. Ill be buying again. I guess i never noticed difference in noise. Set before was Revo2's.
Sidenote- i rotated these duratracs maybe twice. Wear has been perfect and as smooth as when new. Lucky i guess

Last edited:

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried them didn't care for the traction on ice, went back to bfg ko2s

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't the bfg kos rated pretty good on snow and ice? Nonetheless, they are all I run now. 345k on my dodge and I ran the factories the kos twice, then something else, then th kos ever since. I get 50k+ every time and I put rough miles on that truck. Just today I put a set on my wife's Yukon xl. Probably over kill. And likely to out last the marriage. But, at least we won't get stuck in the snow. Lol.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the Duratracks on my last Tundra, very good tire in the fresh snow and did very good on section lines when it started melting and got greasy I liked them tires very much, I am currently Running the Toyo AT2 Extremes on My current Tundra, I wanted to put the Toyo CT's on my truck instead of the AT2's But they don't come in the size I was after, 295/75/18. Like 1850reata had mentioned they have only been available in the states for a year or so, the forest service in Canada run them on their trucks is my understanding, I have heard good reviews about the Toyo Ct's They have a snow stamp right on the tire. Others mentioned that Duratracks are terrible on ice, I think that will be with all 10 ply tires with grips they are to hard of compound is my feeling. I have never run the KO2's because I didn't like they way the ass end would kick out on me with the KO's when there was a icy spots on the highway with any kind of incline to it. the Michelin LTX AT2 is a good traction tire but they don't dig and I got stuck to many times, That is the factory tire That was on my Tundra when I got it

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d take a close look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3. Had them on my tahoe and they were very quit and didn’t throw any rocks.

Bur-like lunkerslayer mentioned, all of the survey trucks have the wranglers. Been running them for at least 8 years.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73