Minot outdoor shooting range...

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with my uncle so he could sight his rifle in, uncle has a membership as I didn’t, Iam there to just help/watch, we hung the target and get two shots in and Iam assuming an upper member aka “Doc” asked to see our members card uncle showed him his and of course I didn’t have one. Told us I leave or both. We both left. WTF

I see his point but I wasn’t shooting nor had a gun with me..

So now I live in minot and my dad likes to go shoot with me when he travels up here and it’s $25 for him to shoot 1-5 days limit.

I see their concerns about one guy gets a membership for 5 or so friends.

There has to be a place to just go shoot, like south of Bismarck nice shooting range and everyone tends for it.

My rant, wish there was a place up here by Minot one can just sit down and shoot.....

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not a member or have no interest in a Minot Gun Club membership (2+ hours away). I do think it takes a lot of balls for another member to ask a legitimate member to leave just because he had a guest along who wan't shooting. Not sure I would want to be a member os such a club.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a real Douche LaRouche of a guy.

There's a guy like that but even douchier in the Bismarck area.

One conversation with that guy as he was cosplaying the "retired former military expert" and I cancelled my membership.

Last edited:

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Not surprising. Plenty of "Soldier of fortune" types in that group.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumb. I don't see a problem with what you were doing. All sorts of guys at ranges. Wags and I once got accused of shooting at someone while we were shooting skeet. Our response was yes, we did fire in that direction, that is where the clays fly. He had shot rain on him from over hundred yards away. Had to show him how skeet works and why we were shooting "at" him.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my blood pressure goes up 50mmHg easily when I unload my stuff and walk toward the bench at a range with other yahoos shooting

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is the same in GF. I see no problem with that. It boils down to we all know the rules. Why you may say? Liability and Law suits. Why didn't you just wait in the car and let your Uncle finish?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I would have just ignored him. If I didn’t do that, I would have reported him for terrozing a member. He probably wanted the range to himself and pulled the powertrip to get it.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won’t join the club, I have other places now I can go shoot, my uncle and others I know won’t go back either. It’s to bad it’s a nice place and close by. I understand the liability but all they have to do is put in their rules/laws is the club member is responsible for the person that they bring along. Even if that person just spots for them, as that is what I was doing.

Wait in the car for him to get done shooting? Yep we’re not easterners, we care about others and not just ourselves

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with my uncle so he could sight his rifle in, uncle has a membership as I didn’t, Iam there to just help/watch, we hung the target and get two shots in and Iam assuming an upper member aka “Doc” asked to see our members card uncle showed him his and of course I didn’t have one. Told us I leave or both. We both left. WTF

I see his point but I wasn’t shooting nor had a gun with me..

So now I live in minot and my dad likes to go shoot with me when he travels up here and it’s $25 for him to shoot 1-5 days limit.

I see their concerns about one guy gets a membership for 5 or so friends.

There has to be a place to just go shoot, like south of Bismarck nice shooting range and everyone tends for it.

My rant, wish there was a place up here by Minot one can just sit down and shoot.....

Old “Doc” the range sheriff. I would find a member of the board and talk them. I have shoot cowboy action with him I don’t think I have seen him miss a target.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I should have and should still, not saying he’s a bad guy. It was the way he approached it and pretty much said get the f$ck out of here. But also it’s their rules and he was just enforcing them, I agree I was in the bad not knowing. Also makes me not want to be a member

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they have lost some members because of him. there is a lot of good members I would reach out to some of the other members.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree fracman, I’ve shot up at the indoor range and taken the wife to, to blow off steam, great guys that I’ve met there. The last indoor range sheriff was awesome, he works at the loft and actually let my wife and I shoot his pistol, and shot with us. It was a great time and that’s what it should be about

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75