New Zealand moves fast

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
So New Zealand bans military style semi auto firarms and high capacity magazines...i think i read they will do a buy back program. Your thoughts...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they already had the most restrictive gun laws in the world and it wasn't enough lol. Dumb ass politicians

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The dipshits that are in Washington now will say we should follow them all the way

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe we could outlaw cancer, implement a cancer buy back program, it’s just that simple. Cancer will realize it’s illegal and stop illegally ruining lives.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
New Zealand is a beautiful country with the friendliest people I've ever met. I don't even like fly fishing that much, but hauling in 5-7 pound rainbows out of rushing turqois waters and a backdrop of forest and high-peaked mountains made me a connoisseur of the streamer fly -- if just for a day.

That said, they don't have a firearm culture like we do. They have hunters aplenty and outdoorsy folks all over the place. But I'm sure the outcry from hardened gun guys will be minimal. Probably more of a shrug. Just a different place with different ideologies -- and not immune to crazy people willing to kill innocent bystanders for no reason, it seems.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
New Zealand is a beautiful country with the friendliest people I've ever met. I don't even like fly fishing that much, but hauling in 5-7 pound rainbows out of rushing turqois waters and a backdrop of forest and high-peaked mountains made me a connoisseur of the streamer fly -- if just for a day. .

I've always wanted to go to NZ, now i want to even worse.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear it is the law in NZ that they don't show the accused face, wonder if that would fly in the US? or should? Might help keep the notoriety seekers from doing these kinds of heinous acts. Who knows though? We all know about media's insatiable appetite for getting this out. Also, I hear the NZ Prime Minister is not gonna utter the guys name, also in attempt not to give the guy even more notoriety. I think that is a NEAT idea. Just food for thought i guess is the only reason i bring this up.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always wanted to go to NZ, now i want to even worse.

Take my advise: go everywhere else you want to travel first. Because if you go to New Zealand, you'll never want to travel anywhere else.

I went in 2006 right after I graduated from UND to visit my then-girlfriend-now-wife who was studying abroad. It was off-season (their winter) and quiet. We got to travel everywhere we wanted with little trouble. The only issue arose when we were driving to our fly-fishing destination from the south end of the north island, and they got an inch (an inch!!!) of snow. Totally shut things down. We ended up driving the western cost aaaaalll the way to the north side, then shot south to get to where we were going.

Amazing trip. I can't wait to go back.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they should have teams of artists that specialize in producing doctored photos of mass shooters, child molesters, etc. and those are the only pics allowed

1346258028.png

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
they already had the most restrictive gun laws in the world and it wasn't enough lol. Dumb ass politicians

No, no they did not. New Zealand and Australia are completely separate countries, even if their accents are similar. Also, Australia’s gun laws have been loosening on the local level for many years now. I heard that there are more guns in Australia now than there were at the time of the great confiscation.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74