Best weekend of the year for college sports

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
And no I'm not talking about the pumpkin pushers. Its tournament time for the wrestlers.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one want to bet against bo nickal I will take him against the field

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rivera at 125 and micic at 133 but its a crap shoot with probably 3 guys at each weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Dirty you going to come check out youth state wrestling this weekend? There's only 1029 kids signed up for Saturday.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you like wrestling, the NCAA National Wrestling Tournament has to be on your 'Bucket List'. Next year it's in Minneapolis, won't get any closer. The intensity is amazing, from the wrestlers to the fans.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rivera at 125 and micic at 133 but its a crap shoot with probably 3 guys at each weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Dirty you going to come check out youth state wrestling this weekend? There's only 1029 kids signed up for Saturday.

im going to head to the tailrace. Watched my nephew in Mandan last weekend. That was enough for a couple weeks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll give a hat to whomever can guess the right winner of the 125 or 133 bracket.

Seabass at 25 and suriano at 33. I should check that neither have lost but it’s who I picked before it started

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a basketball guy and love these 4 days for that reason but I do admire the wrestling culture's enthusiasm and intensity. Usually pretty reasonable and disciplined people in real life from my experience as well. I can imagine how intense those college tournaments must be.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seabass at 25 and suriano at 33. I should check that neither have lost but it’s who I picked before it started
Those would actually be my picks too. Even though Suriano sounds like he has trouble spelling his own name. I just don’t think Lee has it this year.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Hold on. Seabass? You dont ever bet against a Seabass kid

tenor.gif

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If there was a bracket craze in wrestling like there is in BB most of them wouldn't have been real close. Biggest disappointment for me was Bo Nichal in the finals. Without a doubt the most dominating wrestler the past few years and he wrestled like he didn't care. He actually won pretty easily yet did nothing to go out and show how good he is. Had that been a HS match they both might have been stalled out.

Overall a great tournament and I complement ESPN for actually showing quite a bit of the tournament.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been watching it on espn and on two computers for the last 3 days. I wouldn't have won the hat, but my picks were Lee and Fix. Lee won n Fix lost in OT. Havent checked this site much because of it.

Already got my tickets for next year ordered.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been watching it on espn and on two computers for the last 3 days. I wouldn't have won the hat, but my picks were Lee and Fix. Lee won n Fix lost in OT. Havent checked this site much because of it.

Already got my tickets for next year ordered.

Howd you order already?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a link on the grappler. Ticketmaster I think

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110