another hunter going to get hosed for shooting a puddy tat...

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Outside the fact that this is may be the least self aware human on earth, i dont like that he didnt immediately put another one through the boiler room on that cat. 1. its the right thing to do 2. I wouldnt want to be near a big ass wounded lion

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey, smashing good idea. Let's video our hunts - including the death scene where you decided the taxidermists wouldn't appreciate a second hole - then post them online somewhere for SJWs to trigger on.

Bravo - good work Gorney! ;:;banghead

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree his judgement in not shooting that animal a second time for a quick and humane death was detestable. Video taping and posting it was stupidity. Bigger gun, more shots. You can be under gunned, but you can't be over gunned.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ohhhh, if we could just go back to the days of picture/video texting and call it a day..
This "hey world look at me" crap is ruining it for everybody.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's remember, the video is 8 years old. Not many people were getting the online wrath of pussified dum-asses back in 2011.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
even in 2011 I didn't need to see a large mammal squirming around waiting to die

it's my least favorite part of hunting - I adore a quick dispatch - even with house cats

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it really just like a little bit more of it haha

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont really see the thrill of the "hunt" in this situation, dude shoots a sleeping lion on a bank, has time to setup shooting sticks and take his time, not really sneaking up on it or anything, just a killing with a guide who sets him up. I wouldn't brag about it if I took any animal like this, would be embarrassed to tell the truth. Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel or at the zoo but whatever. I do hunt so I aint and fish just so you know. The guys a wealthy dick is my take.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Killing the king of the jungle ain't my thing. But. I would be pretty proud if I managed shoot a big mule deer or whitetail in its bed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Killing the king of the jungle ain't my thing. But. I would be pretty proud if I managed shoot a big mule deer or whitetail in its bed.

I don’t think the animals care if they are sleeping or not when they get shot. The no follow up is dumb keeping pumping lead till there are no more twitches especially if it can eat you

- - - Updated - - -

you hunt house cats?
when is the season?

Year round

our gfp is even providing live traps I got two coming

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I assume the tracking / stalking is an integral part of that particular hunt. Well that and the fact the SOB can eat you in a heartbeat. The video doesn't show preceding part of the hunt but leads to the probably correct assumption that not much actual "hunting" takes place. Personally doesn't appeal to me, but as long as game laws are followed, then meh. A quicker follow up should be every sportsman method of operation, but I was associated with people that didn't want more holes in the game so deer that were not at risk of running of were waited out to expire, not like hours but still not immediately. I distanced myself from them, not for my distaste just as a progression of life. Maybe I am the odd duck but I don't enjoy the extinguishing of life, i understand and accept it. Maybe the lion was a cull due to preying on farm animals or people even, possibly a numbers management. As noted the event and follow up statements are quite dated but the article I linked was much more current. That is the world we live in, like it or not, our behavior current and present is being evaluated. A fine line needs to be walked, this guy would have helped hunting in general by not allowing the video to be released, assuming it was the hunter, a guide or outfitter should be even more diligent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69