Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Premium Member
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Beulah nd
    Posts
    219
    NDA Points
    10,416
    NDA Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 301

    Soft water is started

    Done with ice fishing. Two outings out in the boat and damn it felt good.

    0 Not allowed!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Premium Member
    buckhunter24_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    349
    NDA Points
    39,267
    NDA Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 1,418
    Classifieds
    1
    Wha !?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Where?

    0 Not allowed!
    Every year has two seasons hunting season and fishing season

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    5,440
    NDA Points
    463,127
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,595
    Given: 7,723
    Classifieds
    1
    How is the tailrace ramp?

    0 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  4. Back To Top    #4
    VIP Member
    5575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,121
    NDA Points
    180,426
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,365
    Given: 1,602
    Was out floating the boat the last 6 days about 12 hours a day and it felt very very good.

    Name:  colum 2018 release.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  95.9 KB

    8 Not allowed!

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SE ND
    Posts
    2,587
    NDA Points
    13,657
    NDA Level
    50
    Report Entries
    9
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,486
    Given: 1,796
    How far south did you have to pull it. Land looks really brown in the back ground.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. Back To Top    #6
    VIP Member
    Bfishn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,172
    NDA Points
    10,134
    NDA Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,364
    Given: 313
    I heard there where boats on the river by Stanton a week or so ago already, I didn't see it myself but seems reasonable. Still gonna be a while around Bismarck i think, plus this snow is going to make it muddy once the melt starts.

    I still have some ice fishing to do around ND and a trip to Winnipeg yet, so i hope the river holds of for a few more weeks.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bfishn; 03-09-2018 at 09:00 AM.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    5,440
    NDA Points
    463,127
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,595
    Given: 7,723
    Classifieds
    1
    I couldn't care less about your guys' ice fishing season. Lakes will have ice on them for quite a while yet. The river can open up at any point. And 5575, that trip to the Columbia looks amazing. Bucket list item for sure.

    5 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Ultimate VIP Member
    JayKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southeast Bismarck
    Posts
    1,868
    NDA Points
    118,803
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,438
    Given: 4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfishn View Post
    I heard there where boats on the river by Stanton a week or so ago already, I didn't see it myself but seems reasonable. Still gonna be a while around Bismarck i think, plus this snow is going to make it muddy once the melt starts.

    I still have some ice fishing to do around ND and a trip to Winnipeg yet, so i hope the river holds of for a few more weeks.
    Now why would you have to go and hope the Missouri stays frozen, just to you can ice fish elsewhere? That's plain mean. Because you're not ready to fish the river, you don't want anyone else to go and catch your fish?

    I'm kidding, kinda, but not really.

    4 Not allowed!

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Captain Ahab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    3,515
    NDA Points
    119,757
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,179
    Given: 2,272
    Classifieds
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfishn View Post
    I heard there where boats on the river by Stanton a week or so ago already, I didn't see it myself but seems reasonable. Still gonna be a while around Bismarck i think, plus this snow is going to make it muddy once the melt starts.

    I still have some ice fishing to do around ND and a trip to Winnipeg yet, so i hope the river holds of for a few more weeks.

    So your the guy that wants to drain the lake when you leave and fill it back up when you return.

    4 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #10
    VIP Member
    Bfishn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,172
    NDA Points
    10,134
    NDA Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,364
    Given: 313
    Its not that i want the river to stay frozen, but it does really suck when a guy is on a trip to Winnipeg or a ski trip to MT in March and the river opens up early and people are hammering walleye in your backyard. First world Bismarck problems, I want my spring hobbies to line up perfectly dammit!

    2 Not allowed!

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Gold Member
    Bullsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fort Yates
    Posts
    148
    NDA Points
    51,983
    NDA Level
    99
    Report Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 627
    Classifieds
    1
    still using the auger extension here

    0 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #12
    Ultimate VIP Member
    JayKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southeast Bismarck
    Posts
    1,868
    NDA Points
    118,803
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,438
    Given: 4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfishn View Post
    Its not that i want the river to stay frozen, but it does really suck when a guy is on a trip to Winnipeg or a ski trip to MT in March and the river opens up early and people are hammering walleye in your backyard. First world Bismarck problems, I want my spring hobbies to line up perfectly dammit!
    I, for one, know how bad Big Sky sucks in the spring. Hate it. And I can imagine how tough it is to struggle through a Lake Winnipeg trip. You have my shoulder to cry on.

    Dude..

    4 Not allowed!

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Premium Member
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Beulah nd
    Posts
    219
    NDA Points
    10,416
    NDA Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 301
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    How is the tailrace ramp?
    It's been good. It's get bad when the idiots start coming that won't let the trailer drain before they pull up the ramp. Watched a fancy sparkley ranger dude back down the ramp and skidded all the way down. He panicked and got pretty excited. I had to chuckle a bit. It doesn't seem too silted in.

    1 Not allowed!

  14. Back To Top    #14
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    5,440
    NDA Points
    463,127
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,595
    Given: 7,723
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    It's been good. It's get bad when the idiots start coming that won't let the trailer drain before they pull up the ramp. Watched a fancy sparkley ranger dude back down the ramp and skidded all the way down. He panicked and got pretty excited. I had to chuckle a bit. It doesn't seem too silted in.
    Don’t chuckle too much. I’ll be that guy in a sparkly ranger next weekend if I hve my way. Key thing is to keep those tires straight. I’ve puckered up plenty of times

    0 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  15. Back To Top    #15
    Premium Member
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Beulah nd
    Posts
    219
    NDA Points
    10,416
    NDA Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 301
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    Don’t chuckle too much. I’ll be that guy in a sparkly ranger next weekend if I hve my way. Key thing is to keep those tires straight. I’ve puckered up plenty of times
    Throw a spade in the pickup. There is a sand pile at the top of the ramp, throw a little down and it makes a huge difference.

    0 Not allowed!

  16. Back To Top    #16
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    5,440
    NDA Points
    463,127
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,595
    Given: 7,723
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Throw a spade in the pickup. There is a sand pile at the top of the ramp, throw a little down and it makes a huge difference.
    I buy those big bags of sand at menards for $3 a piece each winter. One usually meets its demise for boat ramp traction.

    0 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  17. Back To Top    #17
    Ultimate VIP Member
    KDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Valley City
    Posts
    3,499
    NDA Points
    334,231
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,855
    Given: 3,144
    Classifieds
    2
    Never will understand why you tailrace guys don't invest in a roll of chains that you can put down in the spring when this ice crap is a problem and then roll it back up when it's not needed. Seems you fight this ice every spring and every fall. Twould be a good agenda item for the G&F to spend some of that increased tag money on that would actually do some sportsmen some good. Quote "Safety" and you might just get what you need. Just a thought. Tight Lines Everyone!!!

    2 Not allowed!

  18. Back To Top    #18
    Silver Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    mandan
    Posts
    70
    NDA Points
    20,400
    NDA Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 196
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    Never will understand why you tailrace guys don't invest in a roll of chains that you can put down in the spring when this ice crap is a problem and then roll it back up when it's not needed. Seems you fight this ice every spring and every fall. Twould be a good agenda item for the G&F to spend some of that increased tag money on that would actually do some sportsmen some good. Quote "Safety" and you might just get what you need. Just a thought. Tight Lines Everyone!!!
    this is one of the best ideas ive heard in a long time.

    1 Not allowed!

  19. Back To Top    #19
    Ultimate VIP Member
    guywhofishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Little Minneapolis, ND
    Posts
    8,619
    NDA Points
    198,493
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,499
    Given: 11,074
    Classifieds
    1
    I’m having a hard time envisioning this roll of chains

    1 Not allowed!
    True freedom is not the ability to do whatever one wants or as one pleases without restraint, rather, true freedom is the ability to do what one ought to do.

  20. Back To Top    #20
    Ultimate VIP Member
    shorthairsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,276
    NDA Points
    85,526
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,350
    Given: 474
    Classifieds
    1
    March 11 ---- go for it boys ----- i figure about July 25 I get front row parking at the boat ramps. About then some SA will be posting about i wish it was hard water.

    0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter