Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Davey Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    3,415
    NDA Points
    34,219
    NDA Level
    81
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 2,487

    It's a new season GO SIOUX

    UND over Omaha 4-3

    0 Not allowed!
    Life is Good

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    Shit, the UND broadcast must be behind times. I'm at the end of the first and UND is up 1-0 over UN Omaha!

    Go SIOUX!

    1 Not allowed!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Davey Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    3,415
    NDA Points
    34,219
    NDA Level
    81
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 2,487
    We are both on the same page , 4-3 win was my prediction .

    0 Not allowed!
    Life is Good

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    Looking more like a 4-0 UND win!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Was I prophetic or what???

    2 Not allowed!

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Ultimate VIP Member
    WormWiggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Dickinson ND
    Posts
    1,993
    NDA Points
    321,180
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,458
    Given: 2,652
    Classifieds
    10

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.... and I'm all out of bubble gum. RIP Rowdy

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Silver Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    58
    NDA Points
    4,635
    NDA Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 179
    That’s a good start! Sioux yeah yeah!!!

    0 Not allowed!

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    UND bumped Omaha in the PairWise. Omaha was #14 and UND was #15. Now it is reversed.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 9.54.45 PM.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  95.4 KB

    0 Not allowed!

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lincoln, kinda...
    Posts
    1,746
    NDA Points
    19,731
    NDA Level
    61
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,793
    Given: 782
    I was there last weekend, they basically outplayed St Cloud and still only ended up with a single point out of the weekend. Very difficult time to be a Sioux fan. They just were not sharp on passing or taking advantage of Saint Cloud mistakes.

    Signs of a team that just isn't on the same page.

    That being said, Saint Cloud is NOT your next national champion. They aren't as good as the rankings suggest.

    I haven't paid much attention this year, but you watch...a team like Cornell, Denver, or Duluth (maybe Michigan) are going to win it all this year. Saint Cloud can not play like they did against the Sioux and expect to win it all.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I was there last weekend, they basically outplayed St Cloud and still only ended up with a single point out of the weekend. Very difficult time to be a Sioux fan. They just were not sharp on passing or taking advantage of Saint Cloud mistakes.

    Signs of a team that just isn't on the same page.

    That being said, Saint Cloud is NOT your next national champion. They aren't as good as the rankings suggest.

    I haven't paid much attention this year, but you watch...a team like Cornell, Denver, or Duluth (maybe Michigan) are going to win it all this year. Saint Cloud can not play like they did against the Sioux and expect to win it all.
    They got 2 points on Saturday night when they scored on the 3 on 3 OT. It went into the books as a tie, but UND got the extra point on Saturday!

    0 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Davey Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    3,415
    NDA Points
    34,219
    NDA Level
    81
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by sl1000794 View Post
    Looking more like a 4-0 UND win!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Was I prophetic or what???

    You nailed it SL . I'll predict a 4-3 win for tonight's game . UNO made UND look pretty good last night.

    1 Not allowed!
    Life is Good

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SE ND
    Posts
    2,175
    NDA Points
    11,340
    NDA Level
    46
    Report Entries
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,989
    Given: 1,299
    Yeah SIOUX

    0 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #12
    Premium Member
    Fracman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    421
    NDA Points
    15,669
    NDA Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by sl1000794 View Post
    They got 2 points on Saturday night when they scored on the 3 on 3 OT. It went into the books as a tie, but UND got the extra point on Saturday!
    That extra point only counts in conference play

    1 Not allowed!

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Premium Member
    nxtgeneration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Grand Forks
    Posts
    461
    NDA Points
    12,869
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 228
    They played great in the first 40 but the 3rd got a little rough yet again. It just seems like this team tends to fade in the 3rd period of every game. I doubt its a conditioning thing but its definitely something that needs to be corrected quickly. Cam made a few good saves which help keep momentum. We absolutely can not lose tonight.

    0 Not allowed!
    I run on caffeine, sawdust and swear words...
    TimberAndAshDesigns.com

  14. Back To Top    #14
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    704
    NDA Points
    3,880
    NDA Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 230
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I was there last weekend, they basically outplayed St Cloud and still only ended up with a single point out of the weekend. Very difficult time to be a Sioux fan. They just were not sharp on passing or taking advantage of Saint Cloud mistakes.

    Signs of a team that just isn't on the same page.

    That being said, Saint Cloud is NOT your next national champion. They aren't as good as the rankings suggest.

    I haven't paid much attention this year, but you watch...a team like Cornell, Denver, or Duluth (maybe Michigan) are going to win it all this year. Saint Cloud can not play like they did against the Sioux and expect to win it all.
    I like to watch some hockey but I'm nowhere close to being an expert or even someone who knows the fine points of a game. I was also at the game last Saturday when they played St. Cloud. Am confused by the comments above. "They basically outplayed St. Cloud, but not sharp passing or taking advantage of St. Cloud mistakes." How do you determine they outplayed the opponent when they weren't sharp or took advantage of mistakes?

    From my "lack of knowledge of the game" I thought St. Cloud was much faster skating and handled the puck much better than UND. UND outshot St. Cloud but other than that stat I thought St. Cloud was the better team. Now last night I though Omaha was a very uninspired team that was in need of a nap. A couple of the goals appeared St. Cloud's defenders and goalies were thinking this was just a practice game and not much effort.

    Realize these comments are from someone who likes hockey, but is not a hard-core fan.

    0 Not allowed!

  15. Back To Top    #15
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    Winner - Frozen Face-off Baby and you, Davy can pick-em!!!

    1 Not allowed!

  16. Back To Top    #16
    VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    1,180
    NDA Points
    20,072
    NDA Level
    61
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 1,776
    just beat sota...

    1 Not allowed!
    please do not judge me... i'm a minority... a "taxpaying american"...

  17. Back To Top    #17
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Davey Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    3,415
    NDA Points
    34,219
    NDA Level
    81
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,282
    Given: 2,487
    You know what they say SL.......




    0 Not allowed!
    Life is Good

  18. Back To Top    #18
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lincoln, kinda...
    Posts
    1,746
    NDA Points
    19,731
    NDA Level
    61
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,793
    Given: 782
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Educator View Post
    I like to watch some hockey but I'm nowhere close to being an expert or even someone who knows the fine points of a game. I was also at the game last Saturday when they played St. Cloud. Am confused by the comments above. "They basically outplayed St. Cloud, but not sharp passing or taking advantage of St. Cloud mistakes." How do you determine they outplayed the opponent when they weren't sharp or took advantage of mistakes?

    From my "lack of knowledge of the game" I thought St. Cloud was much faster skating and handled the puck much better than UND. UND outshot St. Cloud but other than that stat I thought St. Cloud was the better team. Now last night I though Omaha was a very uninspired team that was in need of a nap. A couple of the goals appeared St. Cloud's defenders and goalies were thinking this was just a practice game and not much effort.

    Realize these comments are from someone who likes hockey, but is not a hard-core fan.

    These are always subjective (outside the greater number of shots on goal) discussions. While I didn't put a stopwatch to work, it sure seemed to me that the game was played primarily on St. Clouds side of the ice. For me, greater number of shots on goal + predominantly playing on other team's side of the ice sheet = outplayed.

    1 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

  19. Back To Top    #19
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    704
    NDA Points
    3,880
    NDA Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 230
    ^^^^^ No argument, not an expert.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. Back To Top    #20
    Premium Member
    sl1000794's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Summers on Lake Metigoshe and winters in San Jose, CA
    Posts
    378
    NDA Points
    13,274
    NDA Level
    49
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 33
    Denver up 2-0 on CC after 1 and Miami of Ohio up 2-0 on SCSU after 1. UND probably plays the winner of Miami/SCSU in St. Paul next weekend if Denver wins tonight.

    SCSU scored on a PP early in the second and Miami comes back with a goal in 4 seconds to bring the score to 3-1 Miami.

    Denver up 5-0 near the end of second and SCSU scores to cut the lead to 3-2 for Miami.

    Denver wins 6-1 and Miami and SCSU go to OT tied 3-3.

    SCSU wins 4-3 in OT. UND vs SCSU next weekend in St. Paul.

    2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by sl1000794; 03-11-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter