Ranger 620 / lund 202 pro v gl

Hey guys I'll be in the marked next year for a boat. Both of these are in my options of ones I'm thinking of. It will be used (new to me )..Just curious for those of you that have either of these what you like and dislike about them.. I have walked around them and I like them both. Some things I like and dislike about each just like anything. I know comes down to the way I fish would just like some opinions. Also hopeing someone could help a dude out with a ride this summer to check the rides out haha.....thanks guys

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have owned a 620 for the past 4 season, used to be a skeeter guy. We used to make fun of the grumpy ranger guys smoking cigs, called em ranger pricks..now I guess I am one of them ha ha minus the cigs and being grumpy!

620s are popular for a reason, they are a darn good boat. Handle big waves well, very well if you have the electric down. Its almost impossible to get even a 60 inch shaft to come out of the water. And that is a huge deal with me live baiting all the time.
I operate a 2075 aluminum pro v allot, that things 60 inch was always out of the water when the wind was over about 15 mph. The 72 inch now has helped that quite a bit but even that one comes out a 100 times more than on my 620.

I haven't heard a bad thing about the glass lunds and yet for some reason they come down on price quite quick. You can get into a lot newer glass lund than you can a ranger. So your money will go allot further in the used market there. I have never even ridden in a glass lund so I am no help there. The 2075 has a really nice soft ride in waves and it tracks like it is on rails. It also is very non trim sensitive unlike allot of boats out there when you take off or come off plane. That and the livewells on the Lund keep fish alive like no other, bring the bat for the end of the day! ha ha!

Come out with me any time this summer if you are in the Dakota waters area, I'm out 3-4 times a week. My boat is 10 years old with Yamahas on the back, it will be for sale this fall. I will be just going to a newer ranger.

Last edited:

Walleye master

That would be sweet.. id appreciate that.. I wanna get in them and see what I like and dont like ..I'm from minot but I'd come down there and hang out for the day Haha

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO Rangers are just built better. More attention to detail.

Coldfront

Established Member
on the newer rangers I didn't care for how cramped it is in the back with all the storeage. At least on the Lund you can take them out. I bought a WX2060 Skeeter because of the room. Love it and I don't have to smoke cigars!!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IMO Rangers are just built better. More attention to detail.

this used to be the case. Quite a few “quality complaints” over on walleyecentral since ol’ Johnny Moris took over. Not sure it’s a direct result of that or Vexus poaching 80+ employees from Ranger when they opened. In either case, I think there are some other brands that have made significant strides increasing quality and with a slight decline in ranger quality, the tides may be turning. Food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

on the newer rangers I didn't care for how cramped it is in the back with all the storage.....

this isn’t a “newer” ranger trait, they’ve had the same primary layout with the horseshoe rear storage since the 1990s. Heck, if anything, the newer ones have more cockpit room then they ever have.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
this used to be the case. Quite a few “quality complaints” over on walleyecentral since ol’ Johnny Moris took over. Not sure it’s a direct result of that or Vexus poaching 80+ employees from Ranger when they opened. In either case, I think there are some other brands that have made significant strides increasing quality and with a slight decline in ranger quality, the tides may be turning. Food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

this isn’t a “newer” ranger trait, they’ve had the same primary layout with the horseshoe rear storage since the 1990s. Heck, if anything, the newer ones have more cockpit room then they ever have.

I'm on my second Ranger. This one is a 17’ 620. Now I can nit pick a few plastic finishings like glove box and a few other minor things. All in all though Ranger still makes a heck of a boat. I fish an awful lot of rough water and she’s never let me down. I’m not gonna claim it’s the best boat on the market, but as I always say, it’s all about what options for your needs. I love all the immediate storage access of the horse shoe. I have very few complaints with mine.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2014 Ranger 620 with Verado and kicker on the back. If you get to Devils Lake you can get ahold of me for a ride. I live close to the Lakewood Landing on Creel Bay and would not be a problem to let you check it out. It's going to be for sale later this year. Going to a 2020 model year of the same boat. Send me a PM if you want to get my cell number and arrange a ride if you get this way.

Walleye master

Platinum that sounds good...I'm not that way to much but I will definitely come out that way for the day Haha...not to far from you anyway....I'm from minot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76