Blind Windows

Uncle Rico

I have an old house on my hunting property. It is in a good location for hunting. There are a couple windows near one corner, and I am thinking about framing in a small isolated "blind" inside the house.

My question is where a good place to look for window assemblies that could be framed in (or something similar)? Of course my main concern is the windows being silent while opening/closing.

Does anyone have experience with something similar? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our elevated blind just has sliding windows on all 4 sides. Not sure of the brand, but they're not the cheapies. Built the blind ourselves and just bought some windows and framed it for their size. They are a little smaller than your average size window, but not by much.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put some hinged ones in my permanent blind that are very quiet when opening and closing. They aren’t insulated glass or anything like that but very quiet when opening or closing. I will try and find the website I ordered them off tomorrow. This company built windows specifically for blinds and could make them just about any size you want.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from the cheap sliding (vertical or horizontal) windows from big box stores. They have a tendency to warp with temperature fluctuations and can be difficult to open at times. I would go with a casement window that flips up rather than to the side. A side open casement would limit your shooting opportunities. Check out the windows in the link below. They are made for this type of application and can be opened a number of different ways that allow for a full range of view.

http://deerviewwindows.com/hinge-window-3/

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from the cheap sliding (vertical or horizontal) windows from big box stores. They have a tendency to warp with temperature fluctuations and can be difficult to open at times. I would go with a casement window that flips up rather than to the side. A side open casement would limit your shooting opportunities. Check out the windows in the link below. They are made for this type of application and can be opened a number of different ways that allow for a full range of view.

http://deerviewwindows.com/hinge-window-3/

Thats where mine came from. They work awesome

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84