Dining Room Blind.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sence we have a good snow cover AGAIN the coyotes show up real good. Having my second cup of joe this morning and posting on NDA I see movement in our pasture north of the house. Got 4 coyotes coming across in what I call a skirmish line about 50 yards apart. Make a mad dash to office and open double hung window and grab the 250 out of gun rack. Wait until they are in middle of pasture and take out what I figure is the alpha female when she stopped. Then went after the big dark male now in full flight but 3 rounds later he is doing the head shot gopher thing. Glad my remm 700 holds 5 rounds in the mag. Two less fawn killers this spring. Been waiting for this pack to make a daylight mistake all winter, now the young ones will have to start all over again. LB

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When we bought our home, I told the realtor I wanted something where I could sit on the front porch in my underwear, drink beer, and shoot at the cans as I threw them out. I got that.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we bought our home, I told the realtor I wanted something where I could sit on the front porch in my underwear, drink beer, and shoot at the cans as I threw them out. I got that.

F YEAH! 100% agreed. You couldnt pay me to live in town. Just got into it with someone the other day. If you gave me some $500k plus house in Fargo, and said its free as long as i lived there i would fricken laugh and walk away. Been there, done it. Never again.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
F YEAH! 100% agreed. You couldnt pay me to live in town. Just got into it with someone the other day. If you gave me some $500k plus house in Fargo, and said its free as long as i lived there i would fricken laugh and walk away. Been there, done it. Never again.

I used to think this way too. Yesterday when I drove over the Sheyenne diversion and looked at the ocean where crop fields and section roads used to be, I thought, “maybe peeing inside isn’t so bad.”

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sence we have a good snow cover AGAIN the coyotes show up real good. Having my second cup of joe this morning and posting on NDA I see movement in our pasture north of the house. Got 4 coyotes coming across in what I call a skirmish line about 50 yards apart. Make a mad dash to office and open double hung window and grab the 250 out of gun rack. Wait until they are in middle of pasture and take out what I figure is the alpha female when she stopped. Then went after the big dark male now in full flight but 3 rounds later he is doing the head shot gopher thing. Glad my remm 700 holds 5 rounds in the mag. Two less fawn killers this spring. Been waiting for this pack to make a daylight mistake all winter, now the young ones will have to start all over again. LB

Oh my this brings back the memories from back in the day! :;:cheers
Good shootin! :;:rockit

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a hen pheasant and a hen turkey both nesting on the fringe of my backyard. Mr coyote came looking this morning about 7:30 and took a load of #4 out of my 20GA ( it was all I had handy at the time). He never stopped running and after a half mile I lost sight of him. I don't expect him back any time soon. He did leave a little fur hanging in the air.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we lived on the farm back in NoDak we had a rifle by every window for the coon, coyotes, skunks, and any other predator that would venture into shooting range. Had a creek south of the farmstead that was visible from the dining room window and on the other side of the creek there was a high rocky knob. Many a coyote met his maker sitting or laying on that rocky knob. From the window to the north side of the rocky knob was 250-300 yards so just a little poke. My bride put quite a few to rest and sometimes even a skunk as we had a garbage pit over on that knob. She would giggle like a little school girl after dusting one of them suckers!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75