Spot Lock Jog / Heading Sensot

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am new to the fancy trolling motor world. I just got a new terrova and wondering what the whole point of the heading sensor puck is. It is just for spot lock jog from what I understand. My question is it worth it to install the heading sensor, for just this one feature? Doesnt look that hard to install, but just curious what others think about installation and the jog feature itself. Thanks

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I think the jog feature is awesome when you're moving around structure trying to pinpoint/stay on fish. For the ease of install I'd say it is worth it.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think its for better gps accuracy. The first generation spotlock was terrible, it always felt like it was going to throw you out of the boat as it surged around. The new ones with the puck seem to be way better at actually holding you on a spot & not throwing you around as it trys to stay there.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want an old terrova with sketchy spot lock, leave it off. If you want a pinpoint locking gps holding machine, install it on the back of the boat.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to Minnkota the puck is for jog only. It's a compass that tells which way your bow is pointing so when you use the jog arrows you go in the correct direction. That said, it's an awesome feature and one of the main reasons I upgraded trolling motors last year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76