How to boat...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I nearly always wear my kill switch... and I'm pissed when I get somewhere and go to unhook it and I realize I forgot

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever I see these videos of guys being thrown out of boats it always seems to be bass boats. Not saying it cant happen in bigger deeper boats, but it seems like the shallow hull of the bass boats makes them more susceptible to being thrown sideways.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know who falls out of boats? People who are so relaxed, that they think it can't happen to them.

Just like the guy who saws his finger off in the table saw. It's always the guy who's been a carpenter forever. The new people are (appropriately) scared of the dangerous things, so they're vigilant.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
All that action after picking the guy out of the water and I still did not notice anyone wearing a lifejacket.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just don't understand why people don't wear their vest, and the teather is on your boat for this exact reason!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shoulda bought a Ranger...

- - - Updated - - -

A Ranger would have swung back and picked the guy up!

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scary. This happened to my uncle in a tiller and he was lucky to get out of the "ring". I had my first close call last year in my tiller. Caught a wave wrong and was almost thrown right over my instrument panel. Tiller handle came with and I was almost spinning. Took about all I had to get back in and straighten out. Had my kill switch hook up, but still puckered the arse a bit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75