A.T.V.'s?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone have 1st hand info on susuki quads? planning on updating my 2002 honda foreman 450 es been a great rig but honda seems to be lacking in vehicle updates in fact the 2019 rubicon foreman hasn't changed since mid 80's. So I'm considering the king quad fuel injection,powersteering and most important for me is snowplow hookup,honda i have to crawl under neath the rig to attach the push tubes both knee's are shot these days so crawling is outof the question,polaris with 3 seperate drive belts sucks,yammi is okay but out of my budget besides yammi has a dirt bike feel wilst riding it,they sit much higher than other makes that does nothing for ground clearence so now susuki enters the arenia 12"s of ground cleaence vs 7.7 honda, i use my rig for utility work around the farm no trail riding infact my 2002 foreman only has 1100 miles on it just want to upgrade but haven't a clue about these new king quads. any/all imput is welcome.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Honda Rubicons were completely redesigned from the ground up in 2015, in fact i think the whole line has been redesigned other than the Rincon.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
anyone have 1st hand info on susuki quads? planning on updating my 2002 honda foreman 450 es been a great rig but honda seems to be lacking in vehicle updates in fact the 2019 rubicon foreman hasn't changed since mid 80's. So I'm considering the king quad fuel injection,powersteering and most important for me is snowplow hookup,honda i have to crawl under neath the rig to attach the push tubes both knee's are shot these days so crawling is outof the question,polaris with 3 seperate drive belts sucks,yammi is okay but out of my budget besides yammi has a dirt bike feel wilst riding it,they sit much higher than other makes that does nothing for ground clearence so now susuki enters the arenia 12"s of ground cleaence vs 7.7 honda, i use my rig for utility work around the farm no trail riding infact my 2002 foreman only has 1100 miles on it just want to upgrade but haven't a clue about these new king quads. any/all imput is welcome.
Love my Honda but I have nothing against Suzuki quads. I would say Honda, Yamaha , Suzuki are the most dependable quads out there. If Suzuki fits your needs better I wouldn’t think twice about going with it. Honda may not have many updates every year but why mess with an already bullet proof machine?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure SDMF has a Suzuki. If I was in the market for an atv I would be looking at your old Honda. Those are great machines other than being cold blooded in the winter.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
ill vote hinda as well. i have a 2012 rubicon bought it new and it has never failed me once. she can be cold blooded in the winter but there is a cold weather choke and if your okay with pull starting and not electric it usualyl goes within 1-2 pulls everytime.

it wont win any beauty pagents on looks but honda makes a solid machine worth buying IMO

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
actually the foreman is air cooled not cold blooded at all like the older liquid cooled machines,polaris was the worst ice fishing

- - - Updated - - -

jd agreed,other than two new starters no issues with my foreman,new shocks and battery is all,great machine but they (honda) need to jump on the upgrade wagon to compete with the joneses.

- - - Updated - - -

this is my honda,rear flat basket among fishing gear is for my golden,he loves riding on the machine.

thanx for the feedback guyz!

ps back in 02 when I bought my honda i wantd the solid rear axel for hauling a trailer independent rear seemed to squat with a load,me included:D

Last edited:

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think it's been 2 years now but I picked up a 2012 rincon from Honda in Mandan used for $4400. To tell you the truth I wasn't even thinking of getting the Rincon but was looking at 08 rancher that someone had out of town. But the Salesman kept pestering me with a lower price every 10 minutes or so while I talked to a mechanic as this was going to be my first atv ever. Long story short he came withing $600 of the rancher I was going to buy else where and pulled the pin and bought the Rincon. I asked him how they could come down so much on that Rincon and he said they do leases with the BLM and had surplus of machines in at the time that needed to be sold that were coming in that were up on there lease. Low and behold I just walked in at the right time right place and got my new to me ATV. They got a customer out of me now. Looking at upgrading sometime to BLM leased side by side haha

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there any Suzuki dealers in the northern part of the state? Internet search just just Mandan and South Dakota.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think it's been 2 years now but I picked up a 2012 rincon from Honda in Mandan used for $4400. To tell you the truth I wasn't even thinking of getting the Rincon but was looking at 08 rancher that someone had out of town. But the Salesman kept pestering me with a lower price every 10 minutes or so while I talked to a mechanic as this was going to be my first atv ever. Long story short he came withing $600 of the rancher I was going to buy else where and pulled the pin and bought the Rincon. I asked him how they could come down so much on that Rincon and he said they do leases with the BLM and had surplus of machines in at the time that needed to be sold that were coming in that were up on there lease. Low and behold I just walked in at the right time right place and got my new to me ATV. They got a customer out of me now. Looking at upgrading sometime to BLM leased side by side haha

What time of year?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an '08 750 KQ. I'm creeping up on 700mi (grin). I have Camoplast 4S tracks for it as well.

I have completed exactly 0 repairs. Gas, change oil, and drive.

Buddy has a Yamaha 700 Grizzly w/same tracks, I think the Yamaha rides nicer and the power seems smoother, at least w/the tracks. No idea what the Yammie is like w/tires on it.

When I bought the Suzi I had a very good connection @ the dealership. That dealer is no longer around. That hasn't been an issue for me though as I've not needed any repairs.

Warn snowplow mount doesn't require any kneeling to hook up or remove.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like you need an upgrade to a nice used sxs. I'd vote Honda or Yamaha. Buddies had Suzuki's and they were tough starting, these were carbed machines. Any ATV would have a front mount plow. I've looked at them with electric turn on the blade. Lots of options.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't overlook Can-Am.
The Outlandler 650 and 850 are some awesome machines and they have a north edition that is pretty well loaded up.
All my ranch and farm friends in our area have gone from Polaris and Honda to Can-Am for both ATV and UTV, they are a hell of a machine. I have a Canadian buddy that outfits up north, you can not believe the abuse these machines for through and he's been impressed with their reliability the past 5 years unlike all the others he has gone through. I had a suzuki and it was a good reliable machine. They all make a pretty good outfit these days, but I'd give the can-am a hard look.
outlander.jpg

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/atv/outlander/outlander-north-edition.html

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are those plastic racks on the Can Am, if so how do you attach non Can-Am accessories? One of my favorite things about the Honda are the metal racks with flat areas with pre-drilled holes for mounting. No stupid u-bolts, or sandwiching mounting plates under normal racks or expensive special mounting do-hickeys that aren't very solid like the Polaris. I can mount all my aftermarket ice fishing stuff with a simple bolt and washer right through the hole on the rack and nothing moves...ever.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2016 Outlander L and it has metal racks. Have had zero issues with the ATV, and would buy another one. I had a Honda Rancher prior, but switched to Can Am. I probably would have stayed with Honda, but when I was looking to upgrade the Can Am was a better deal.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
great imput guyz thanx a bunch,I did sniff around the CA but not much after I drove it,as stated above adding stuff front and rear racks,found aluminum racks from "great day" i'll be adding, " eagle plow with front quick mount" much like warn's KM4 front mount,eagle offer's power angle i'm thing about,also looked at the Boss v-plow but figured all the moving parts and no push tubes are issues down the road landed on the KQ500axi for my needs.Dealer had a niffty 2018 compact honda sxs new with full cab soft side doors,600cc ,camo for $8k....no power steering tho good buy but would need a new trailer plus the plow issue still need the mid mount plow push tubes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77