Storage

3geese4me

Honored Member
Where do you guys store your net in the boat when you're not landing the state record walleye? I'm scratching my head on where to put mine besides on the floor.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Frabill makes one.

frabill.jpg

Folbe makes one also.
net holder.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
draped over my Talon works just OK

other than that - I can’t ever seem to figure out a perfect spot - drives me bonkers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually like to bury it under tackle boxes or set it on the boat cleat to tangle. That way you get to cuss a lot before you lose or net a fish. Also, forgetting it in the pickup or garage greatly improves your hand landing ability.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha

I highly recommend a Stowmaster. Leave it collapsed and wait to unfold it until you hook the first nice fish (almost impossible one-handed BTW). Makes your angling experience super intense for a minute or two and you get to practice new word combinations.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve heard the US Navy is now using Stowmasters to train sailors how to swear.

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of my best days fishing is when after taking the kids water skiing, then forgetting the net on shore when you head out for some serious fishing. It seems like when I do forget the net on shore the fish know it, and the last time a pair of leather gloves became my net, which I just left lay on the floor.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I agree. Leave the net at home. Otherwise, I end up losing at least a few pliers overboard every year when the kids get excited and think they need to net every 12” walleye!!

nybs

Honored Member
I’ll have to ask my brother...I always ask him to grab the net when I have a fish on;)

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
A mounted piece of PVC pipe works great. I have mine on drivers side in back.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Depends on your boat lay out. I have a pvc pipe that is slipped over the far rear seat pedestal and dip net goes in there.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Draped over the bike seet up front or if I am using that then the stern

3geese4me

Honored Member
I am trying to manufacture something that clips onto the side of the gunnel and allows the net to lay against the side of the boat out of the way. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures later. Or, a good story. One or the other.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lay mine on the floor between the windshield on the bow. I really hate using the damn thing on big lakes, nothing says come here and fish then taking the net out of an upright holder. I personally prefer to slide them in the splash tray in the back of the boat.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lay mine on the floor between the windshield on the bow. I really hate using the damn thing on big lakes, nothing says come here and fish then taking the net out of an upright holder. I personally prefer to slide them in the splash tray in the back of the boat.
In those type of sight fishing situations the upright holder has the DDN (DESIGNATED DUMMY NET) The one you actually use is on the floor.

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
DON'T WAVE THE NET! I remember a few years ago on the big lake pre fishing the Cup, one of our crawler containers blew out of the boat while drifting. I used the net to scoop it out. No boats were within a quarter mile of us and in less than 5 minutes and we had a half dozen boats surrounding us. The best part was, we never marked any fish in that spot and left.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my favorite things to do when I'm leaving a spot with no fish is wait for someone to be driving by and act like I'm netting a fish than leave when they swing in on the spot. Just like using a flag for geese they decoy right in every time

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76