TR 'Library', Yea or Nay?

TR Library, Yea or Nay?

• Yes, I support this expenditure, its gonna be so awesome!

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Nay! We have better things to do with public funds...

Votes: 74 69.2%
  • I dont care, Im going fishing!

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like this project is on its way to happening, curious how yall feel about spending $50,000,000 of taxpayer funds on this... What say you?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I have not researched the project so I just have questions. First question is why does a long dead president need a library? Second question is why does T. Roosevelt library need or should be in ND? Third question is does the project make profit over government funding, I am not talking build costs, but up and running, is it a money pit? Is the money for the project all ND funds?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm fine with it. He was one of the best presidents we have had so would be a nice addition to Medora. Highly doubt it will lead to much increase in tourism but it definitely seems like better money spent per square foot than some five million doller Cactus house.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess I have not researched the project so I just have questions. First question is why does a long dead president need a library? Second question is why does T. Roosevelt library need or should be in ND? Third question is does the project make profit over government funding, I am not talking build costs, but up and running, is it a money pit? Is the money for the project all ND funds?

Lets be honest. There's zero chance this thing even pays for itself

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as something I'd like to see and spend time at I like the idea. With the money spent on attracting tourism with most flushed down the drain I think a year around attraction is a nice change of pace. Anyway that's just me because I like that sort of thing. While normally I'd say all day that spending is way out of control in the state(and it is) the basic fact is this money is going to be spent on something no matter what and many out west are thinking at least they will have something to show for the money that gets shipped out with no hope of coming back. There is alot of need out west for things like schools but at the end of the day the state has all the ammo it needs to say no when the locals are voting it down. The state rarely pitches in to fund things when voters refuse to try it themselves first.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Colossal waste of money and mark my words on this, when donations don’t come in to cover the other $100,000,000 guess where that is coming from? This stinks to high heaven. Someone is getting stinking rich off this deal. This is how politicians get rich! ND is deep in the swamp.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
nay --- Libraries should be a thing of the past ---books should be online --- Doug where is the future.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Colossal waste of money and mark my words on this, when donations don’t come in to cover the other $100,000,000 guess where that is coming from? This stinks to high heaven. Someone is getting stinking rich off this deal. This is how politicians get rich! ND is deep in the swamp.

Yup, not sure how many realize the majority of the public funds going into this are being BORROWED from Bank of ND, so we will be paying interest on this also... STINKS is the truth, truth!

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nay - It is being promoted as a "world class tourism destination". These are the words of some in the legislature as well as the strong lobbyist group promoting. While I hope that I am wrong, I do not see this as something that will draw significant amount of out of state tourism. There seems to be no end to the liberal spending currently on display at the legislature.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My issue isn't the cost of the actual library, but all the road work that's going to be needed to handle the massive amount of traffic this is going to create. Add to that the need for a huge multi level parking structure. I just don't see where we can afford the massive cash layout that's going to be needed to support all the infrastructure.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
NAY

If Burgum wants a library out there he can build it using his personal funds. Or let it happen thru donations but absolutely no tax dollars should be spent on it. These "public" projects are always way over what a similar privately built project would cost. It's nothing but a fricking scam when these are bid.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
if they have to spend that money keep stocking lakes. id love to see how many people come here to fish versus go shopping at the dumb stores in medora

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who's going to pay for the upkeep and maintenance to keep the doors open? Taxpayers money. There is no way it will bring in enough revenue to stay open. This should not be an investment !! Not benefiting anyone but the ones that came up with the idea. This should be put on public vote. Total waste of money

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77