Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 375
  1. Back To Top    #141
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,523
    NDA Points
    7,117
    NDA Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,001
    Given: 1,384

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
    You are right, it doesn't matter what I believe or what you believe. If the state believes that bagging grains is protecting them, I would suggest they look up the definition of "protect" and then I would suggest the state talk to your neighbor because unfortunately he's proof that they don't. .
    You really don;t seem to get it. So lets go back to an earlier example. If I am grilling steaks on my porch and I set the steaks down on a table while I go in to get some Tatonka Dust I have hoarded to season them with and some whiney neighbors poodle comes on my porch and eats my steaks...............he is liable for the damage his property did to my property regardless whether I protected those steaks to a level you deem proper or not unless the state thru our NDCC has deemed it to not be proper to protect against theiving poodles then the law gives his poodle a pass. .

    In this case however in ND it would likely be viewed as acceptable grilling practices and even though the poodle stole the steak I would be practicing "acceptable grilling practices" and the owner of the poodle would be liable for damages .

    When you claim the state should not be liable for damages their property does (you Admit ownership) yet still be allowed to gain restitution for the same property you are advocating the state "having it both ways" while maligning others you wrongly thought wanted to "have it both ways".

    Most here realize your clear double standard is because you think the states actions benefit you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
    When did I say this.^^^

    As for your personal attacks, you will be unsuccessful at trying to get under my skin. You have tried getting personal with me before and I will give you the same option I gave you every time you get personal. I'd like to see if you have the balls to say that shit to my face. I'm confident you wouldn't.
    .
    I would have no problem telling you to your face that the reason you are willing to overlook the fact the state does "have it both ways" is because you think it benefits you and you simply don't have the back bone/balls (whatever body part you choose) to say it on here.

    What are you going to do kick my ass?

    Jeesh man.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by gst
    About as far as you would suggesting your neighbor should have built a garage to "protect his investment (car) when your tramp blows across the road and dents his car.



    When did I say this.^^^

    Where did I say you said this....has your tramp blown across the street and dented your neighbors car yet? Christ almighty man learn how to comprehend things.

    The simple fact is the state carries the double standard of requiring restitution without compensating for the damge what they get restittuion for causes.

    THAT is "having it both ways"

    So why do you argue to excuse the state "having it both ways" marble?

    Don;t worry, I don;t expect you to answer.


    - - - Updated - - -

    The bottom line here is the state will continue to charge restitution while giving no real recourse for the problems their "property" causes. Some people that hunt will excuse this because it "benefits" them while ignoring the fact their is no "benefit" to many other "trustees" that deal with the negative aspects of the "management" of these "owned" animals creates.

    Frustration levels most excusing the state will never know will continue and someone will again take the law into their own hands and end up paying restitution and fines. People on these sites who them selves may have advocated "shoot, shovel, and shut up" in breaking a game law themselves when it comes to a different species (wolves) that negatively impact their hunting experience that would have possibly given that farmer or rancher a pass for doing (SSS) will malign that individual for his choice to break the law when it impacts something they wish to hunt.

    1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by gst; 04-15-2018 at 12:46 AM.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." Aristotle

  2. Back To Top    #142
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    352
    NDA Points
    3,428
    NDA Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 69
    I tell you what gst, for the sake of everyone else on this site, since I just keep repeating myself why don't you pm me your phone number and when I get a chance this week I can explain to you what I am saying because you don't seem to understand my written words based on your repeated misrepresentation of what I said and your assumption for why I'm saying it.
    I believe the state does have a double standard but I understand why they do. If you think my position on this issue has anything to do with me personally hunting, you'd be wrong. Over a decade ago I gave up hunting anything other than deer on public lands in the badlands and if you know anything about drawing a tag in the unit I hunt, you'd know I get a tag about once every 5-7 years. So it makes little sense for that to be my reason for defending the states double standard.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Marbleyes; 04-15-2018 at 01:45 AM.

  3. Back To Top    #143
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,974
    NDA Points
    22,824
    NDA Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,511
    Given: 1,796
    Classifieds
    1
    Marbleyes just one question? What color was the trampoline? Was the trampoline on private property? What was the diameter of the trampoline? Did the farmer receive gov benefits on the trampoline? Was there any tooth marks on the trampoline? If so were they wild animal tooth marks, or domestic toothmarks? Can you prove their were tooth marks, and were they on the sunrise side or the sunset side of said trampoline? What color was the trampoline you speak of? How tall was the trampoline?

    But if you use the ignore button how do you know people are twisting what you say?
    I do see what people quote. Also, I have enough experience with gst to know what he is going to say before he types it. I live in his head. He follows me on nodakoutdoors even though he has been booted for two or three years. The guy is a few fries short of a happy meal. Every time I ignored him in the past he would get even more radical trying to force me to engage him. Now I can't even see it and he still keeps talking to himself I guess. Nuts.

    Watch this: Bundy

    - - - Updated - - -

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by PrairieGhost; 04-15-2018 at 06:52 AM.

  4. Back To Top    #144
    VIP Member
    Kentucky Windage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    872
    NDA Points
    6,081
    NDA Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 809
    Given: 208
    Classifieds
    1
    99 percent of the time,I skim through all the arguing without the motivation to actually read the books you big winded boys type. In a few sentences, you should just state your position. Here's mine: The farmer made a poor decision when choosing a grain storage location. He chose to post his land and not allow hunters thin out the culprits (legally). The farmer made a choice to take matters in his own hands, the state disagreed. What am I missing here?

    get to your point!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Instead, it turns into: "that's not what I said, show me where I said that." Back and forth and back and forth. Plains and GST are like a couple high school girls who have spent their entire lives fighting over the same boy.

    3 Not allowed!
    The green hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!

  5. Back To Top    #145
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    390
    NDA Points
    9,586
    NDA Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 175
    for me
    I want there to be deer to watch and maybe even put a arrow into one.

    I have no problem helping someone out if the deer are destroying his property. I do ask that he/she helps out also with their action.
    together it will be fine.

    this past winter the elk moved in and took care of one of my plots and then stay the whole winter. I am sure I'm put $800 of corn into there months. If you put feed out this is what happens. I did not request monies from anyone. live with it and next year I hope to solve on my own. db

    1 Not allowed!

  6. Back To Top    #146
    VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,318
    NDA Points
    6,257
    NDA Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 899
    Given: 367
    Speaking of trampolines and elk:

    Too funny.

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/elk-...oline-20804961

    1 Not allowed!

  7. Back To Top    #147
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    390
    NDA Points
    9,586
    NDA Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 175
    no I will not shoot. but I will be semi retirer, love being in the woods at night in the winter, I will feed and I will win.
    some just need to quit killing cats next to me. but I do welcome any ideals. I will win out without game and fish's help. db

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by db-2; 04-15-2018 at 10:06 AM.

  8. Back To Top    #148
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,974
    NDA Points
    22,824
    NDA Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,511
    Given: 1,796
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz the Cat View Post
    Speaking of trampolines and elk:

    Too funny.

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/elk-...oline-20804961
    A person has to wonder what was going through that elkes brain.

    0 Not allowed!

  9. Back To Top    #149
    Gold Member
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Beulah nd
    Posts
    126
    NDA Points
    3,901
    NDA Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 160
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
    A person has to wonder what was going through that elkes brain.
    The only thing that goes through an animals brain is, can I eat it? Do I need to run from it? And certain times of the year, can I screw it? That’s about it.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #150
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,523
    NDA Points
    7,117
    NDA Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,001
    Given: 1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Windage View Post

    get to your point!
    Point..............

    The bottom line here is the state will continue to charge restitution while giving no real recourse for the problems their "property" causes. Some people that hunt will excuse this because it "benefits" them while ignoring the fact their is no "benefit" to many other "trustees" that deal with the negative aspects of the "management" of these "owned" animals creates.

    Frustration levels, most excusing the state will never know, will continue and someone will again take the law into their own hands and end up paying restitution and fines. People on these sites who them selves may have advocated "shoot, shovel, and shut up" in breaking a game law themselves when it comes to a different species (wolves) that negatively impact their hunting experience that would have possibly given that farmer or rancher a pass for doing (SSS) will malign that individual for his choice to break the law when it impacts something they wish to hunt......deer.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by gst; 04-15-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." Aristotle

  11. Back To Top    #151
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,974
    NDA Points
    22,824
    NDA Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,511
    Given: 1,796
    Classifieds
    1
    Plains and GST are like a couple high school girls
    Oh come on Kentucky your into this one way more than I am.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #152
    Ultimate VIP Member
    WormWiggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Dickinson ND
    Posts
    1,967
    NDA Points
    303,349
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,418
    Given: 2,476
    Classifieds
    10
    in all the bickering, no one has noticed the gunny passed on. RIP Gunny

    2 Not allowed!
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.... and I'm all out of bubble gum. RIP Rowdy

  13. Back To Top    #153
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,523
    NDA Points
    7,117
    NDA Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,001
    Given: 1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
    Marbleyes just one question? What color was the trampoline? Was the trampoline on private property? What was the diameter of the trampoline? Did the farmer receive gov benefits on the trampoline? Was there any tooth marks on the trampoline? If so were they wild animal tooth marks, or domestic toothmarks? Can you prove their were tooth marks, and were they on the sunrise side or the sunset side of said trampoline? What color was the trampoline you speak of? How tall was the trampoline?

    I do see what people quote. Also, I have enough experience with gst to know what he is going to say before he types it. I live in his head. He follows me on nodakoutdoors even though he has been booted for two or three years. The guy is a few fries short of a happy meal. Every time I ignored him in the past he would get even more radical trying to force me to engage him. Now I can't even see it and he still keeps talking to himself I guess. Nuts.

    Watch this: Bundy

    - - - Updated - - -



    Originally Posted by gst


    Say how do you "ignore" someone yet visit their personal page on this site...........??

    gst

    The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:













    So you "liked" one of my posts accidentally and then edited it to remove the "like" after you probably realized that gave you away ..........you visit my page on this site.....yet somehow people are supposed to believe you are ignoring me?

    Plains occassionally people message me that you and bobkat can;t help yourselves from referencing me over on Nodak Outdoors the site you moderate you booted me off of.

    Hardly "following" someone.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
    A person has to wonder what was going through that elkes brain.
    Likely CWD transmitted from some HFH operation ran by a "greedy" farmer................

    0 Not allowed!
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." Aristotle

  14. Back To Top    #154
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    434
    NDA Points
    3,395
    NDA Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 0
    Classifieds
    1
    "If the wind blows your neighbors tramp across the street and dents your car."

    Then you can do whatever you want, same as if she passes out in your yard

    5 Not allowed!

  15. Back To Top    #155
    Premium Member
    You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    In front.
    Posts
    642
    NDA Points
    8,096
    NDA Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by gst View Post
    If you get to the end of the season and want to fill your tag with a doe you certainly are invited. I have posted an invitation on here the last couple years.

    It is always nice to have young kids come and be involved in hunting. It is fun seeing their responses to all the deer that are usually around.

    I do ask that there be a level of profficiency with the bow before coming. We have had some bad experiences of wives and kids and even guys that after the fact I doubt could put 5 arrows in a paper plate at 20 yards shooting and wounding multiple deer.

    I also ask that you put some serious effort into recovering the arrows you shoot and NOT practice shooting into our bales. Last spring we found 9 arrows in the field around where the stand was located and this winter our feed wagon caught two expandable broad heads on the magnets in the discharge that I assume were shot into a bale and pulled out of the arrow and got ran thru the hay grinder.

    Outside of that all that is asked is that you bring your own little propane canisters for the heater inn the stand and not be an asshole.

    With the numbers of people coming in, it might have to be limited to a mens day or afternoon and evening instead of week.

    OK. Great! Since you've established you don't own the resource, you'll be fine with us taking bucks should they come in? More meat for us and less depredation for you = win win

    0 Not allowed!

  16. Back To Top    #156
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lincoln, kinda...
    Posts
    1,627
    NDA Points
    16,968
    NDA Level
    56
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,617
    Given: 719
    gst,

    I think your analogy of the dog is lacking some clarity and even more, some reasonableness for comparison's sake.

    If the dog is not welcome on your property, and is not routinely there, then yeah...the dog's owner owes you a steak. However, if you routinely see (and welcome) the dog on your deck and haven't taken steps to prevent the dog from snatching your sirloin, then I have a lot less sympathy for you. Your dog/steak scenario is not that cut and dry to me.

    Similarly, you and I both own land in ND that was known to have deer on it prior to our purchasing of the land. This raises the standard of care I expect out of your neighbor in taking care of his grain.

    You need to get past this whole "the state claims ownership" thing. You've taken it completely out of legal context based on the text after the statement you like to quote so often. I think it was EricB that best summarized the "ownership" of wildlife, and big game animals in particular. The courts needed something to hang their decisions on for arriving at financial damages (fines) for poachers based somewhat on how egregious the violation (you know, one vs two vs thirty dead critters), that verbiage in the law provides them with that legal tool. Things held in public trust are not the same as things held in private ownership, legally or logically.

    Speaking of often, yeah...we get it. PG has visited your page recently. We only needed to see it once.


    Your line of thinking would imply that I could and should be able to sue the State if I get bit by a rattler. Way out in left field. Rattlers are also afforded legal protection. For example, if you think you can't get prosecuted for killing a rattler, go ahead and advertise that you killed one in a state park, or for that matter just tell people you go to your local state park and pick berries or flowers! I once knew a park manager that would lose her mind if she saw you pick a flower.

    2 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

  17. Back To Top    #157
    VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,318
    NDA Points
    6,257
    NDA Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 899
    Given: 367
    I think at issue is a persons level of tolerance. One time I called neighbors to come see, I had a moose on my land. A novelty. Ten moose may test my tolerance level but a hundred trampling and eating my crops would certainly be over the top.

    It's a tough assignment for the Game and Fish to balance wildlife numbers against a host of problems that an overabundance can cause. Winter exacerbates conflict because deer congregate. In my area the deer had it made. Last summer the canola was very poor because of drought and after harvest we got 3 inches of rain. The canola made a huge bushy regrowth. As high as 200 deer on 160 acres every evening. However, a couple feet of snow would have changed that and they would have been standing somewhere less tolerable.

    A couple years ago I left a haystack setting out on a section line. I didn't have it sold and then it snowed several feet. No means to get to it. But the deer did. Why do they have to climb to the very top to take a shit? Just saying.

    1 Not allowed!

  18. Back To Top    #158
    Ultimate VIP Member
    WormWiggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Dickinson ND
    Posts
    1,967
    NDA Points
    303,349
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,418
    Given: 2,476
    Classifieds
    10
    - and this is why most won't put quarters in the gst machine... I'm sure your a good guy but on the internet you come across as a zealot with an axe, grinder, and bag of chips

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.... and I'm all out of bubble gum. RIP Rowdy

  19. Back To Top    #159
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,974
    NDA Points
    22,824
    NDA Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,511
    Given: 1,796
    Classifieds
    1
    Fritz will the Game and Fish purchase hay stacks like they sometimes purchase lure crops? Maybe that was the U S Fish and Wildlife. I don't remember, and was in research not management. Anyway, I know the state provided some high fence for relatives for problems with deer. They had between 200 and 250 right in the farm yard. There would be a bunch under the yard light trying to stay away from coyotes. I shot a deer with a bow in the yard and had a hard time tracking because of blood all over the yard.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. Back To Top    #160
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    304
    NDA Points
    4,366
    NDA Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 260

    Quote Originally Posted by WormWiggler View Post
    - I'm sure your a good guy but
    Lets be honest with ourselves. He's not...regardless of the topic at hand...10 years (?) of this i'm pretty sure he is deranged.

    0 Not allowed!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter