Fargo Teachers and 630 behavioral incidents this year so far

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Parenting skills failure worse and worse every year.
https://www.inforum.com/news/educat...-share-personal-stories-of-classroom-violence

What is up with this ----- IMO one solution --- a call to Dogtra --- have them up the voltage and every kid in the classroom should be wearing one. Starts out with a nick and goes full on when the shit flies -- i a dead Serious

My two are done with high school and almost done with college. We hang out with some their teachers -- i can tell when we get together the respect they have for the the teachers for that matter they both respect each other just like we do as adults. We all had some interesting teachers -- but imo all of the teachers i know are 1st class - they just do not deserve this. My kids knew from the time they were two that my expectations were so high on behavior; just like i knew when i grew up. I just didnt let them by with anything . Yes they were the ones in church that sat and looked forward. No snacks no running around no bullshit. It paid off for me just like it did for my parents. Now with that said we always had a canine in the family -- and yes that canine generally was a shorthair----even that shorthair learned within the first 6 months of its life that no bullshit goes on in my family.

WTF is going on. Whats worse is i and every other taxpayer is paying for this bullshit.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whatever you do, don’t ask questions about the parents or countries of origin.

The obvious problem is violent video games, a racist heteronormative patriarchal culture, and lack of funding. But mostly lack of funding.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was between jobs, I got desparate (it was 10 days between the time I was let go and when I started my new job, but as a parent with bills and two kids under the age of 3 I would have sold an organ if need be). So as I was contemplating my future and applying to anyone willing to take me, I had this inkling that maybe I could be a teacher. AFter all, North Dakota rural schools are seemingly hiring anyone with a pulse to mold the brains of their children.

I enrolled for online college classes through Mayville State. As I went through the classes (in the evenings after work and the kids were in bed) I did more research into my life-altering career change.

The more I dug, the more I didn't like what I saw. Teachers were dropping like flies. The rate of newly graduated, energetic, passionate teachers burning out is astronomical. And then I had two high school friends who'd taken the teaching course quit their jobs and take up other professions in the matter of a couple weeks. They'd been in the field for 5 or so years and couldn't take it any more. Horrible parents. Worse kids. A system that sides with anyone BUT the teachers. Enough was enough.

I finished my semester (4.0 by the way) and said that was that. Luckily the job I took has turned into a great career. But I fear for my kids. I know I'll do whatever I can to give my kids' teachers the power to make decisions they need to make in order to bestow knowledge, life lessons and discipline on my children. And hopefully the other kids' parents feel the same way.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Living in a small town doesn’t come with all the perks but one is knowing every one including teachers and other parents. We have it pretty damn good here.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is actually the root cause of teachers not being able to have larger classroom sizes. If kids behaved they could have far more in class and wouldn't have the need for all these new schools. I realize this is somewhat unrelated but this is all intertwined

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our society as a whole is the problem, not only parenting. My brother taught for 41 years, his wife for 39 years, my mother taught, my mother in law, my sister in law, and although we didn't teach, both my wife and I have teaching degrees. So I have to disagree with you about how good teachers are. Over the years they have given up thought to zombie like liberal bs. I went to a meeting of the North Dakota Teachers Association. I seen a lot of free literature for teachers to pick up for classroom use. Anti hunting literature, and anti gun literature. Just what class would this be used in?
Then in their wisdom (sarcasm) politicians removed God from our schools and replaced him with condoms. Parents, teachers, and society as a whole have screwed it up perhaps beyond repair.

Last edited:

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
There really isn’t one fix all for this, it is just a culmination of our society as a whole….some lack of funding, some parenting and some overall child behavior. Children with their constant feed of stimulation from TV, internet and video games has caused a difficult learning environment. If a child is not engaged for more than a minute they become disinterested and “bored” causing what we call behavioral issues…then if that lack of engagement lengthens it leads to greater class disruption and acting out. I used to think more discipline was in order, but this new generation of children as a whole can’t handle it, especially if there has never been any discipline at home. I fear this is going to get worse before it gets better. Throw in social and cultural differences and you have a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately the well behaved so called “good” student is vastly becoming the minority in our current culture.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our society as a whole is the problem, not only parenting. My brother taught for 41 years, his wife for 39 years, my mother taught, my mother in law, my sister in law, and although we didn't teach, both my wife and I have teaching degrees. So I have to disagree with you about how good teachers are. Over the years they have given up thought to zombie like liberal bs. I went to a meeting of the North Dakota Teachers Association. I seen a lot of free literature for teachers to pick up for classroom use. Anti hunting literature, and anti gun literature. Just what class would this be used in?
Then in their wisdom (sarcasm) politicians removed God from our schools and replaced him with condoms. Parents, teachers, and society as a whole have screwed it up perhaps beyond repair.

its not political --- I am not saying that goes on --- however that isnt the cause of this bullshit --- little johnny getting a no guns speach makes him go off the deep end --- i dont think so --- society --- starts with parenting --- and the fact that they cannot kick the kid out of school. A response is required --- if it takes voltgage -- then push the button. A shorthair learns quick even with a nick --- these kids will learn with full on set to 9.5 - CLICK

- - - Updated - - -

There really isn’t one fix all for this, it is just a culmination of our society as a whole….some lack of funding, some parenting and some overall child behavior. Children with their constant feed of stimulation from TV, internet and video games has caused a difficult learning environment. If a child is not engaged for more than a minute they become disinterested and “bored” causing what we call behavioral issues…then if that lack of engagement lengthens it leads to greater class disruption and acting out. I used to think more discipline was in order, but this new generation of children as a whole can’t handle it, especially if there has never been any discipline at home. I fear this is going to get worse before it gets better. Throw in social and cultural differences and you have a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately the well behaved so called “good” student is vastly becoming the minority in our current culture.

My kids went through the over stimulation mode as you call it ----- had nothing to do with it ---- the blame is on parenting. Culture a little bit - but i wouild like to see the numbers --- i bet most of these kids parents grew up here. Lazy and nobody put a hand on little johnny parents.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So far we have condoms being part of the problem, and having kids wear shock collars at school as a solution. This site never fails to amaze me. ;:;bowdown

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the teachers can’t do anything and the parents won’t do anything, this is what you get. I was more afraid of my parents hearing I cut up in school than anything.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i was in school and you mouthed off to a teacher you got slammed on the floor or against wall. you didnt go home and tell your parents about it because that was worse than the teacher gave you.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kids went through the over stimulation mode as you call it ----- had nothing to do with it ---- the blame is on parenting. Culture a little bit - but i wouild like to see the numbers --- i bet most of these kids parents grew up here. Lazy and nobody put a hand on little johnny parents.

if your children are close to graduating college then they are almost a decade removed from where the issues currently are being generated ... that's a lot of time passed by

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was between jobs, I got desparate (it was 10 days between the time I was let go and when I started my new job, but as a parent with bills and two kids under the age of 3 I would have sold an organ if need be). So as I was contemplating my future and applying to anyone willing to take me, I had this inkling that maybe I could be a teacher. AFter all, North Dakota rural schools are seemingly hiring anyone with a pulse to mold the brains of their children.

I enrolled for online college classes through Mayville State. As I went through the classes (in the evenings after work and the kids were in bed) I did more research into my life-altering career change.

The more I dug, the more I didn't like what I saw. Teachers were dropping like flies. The rate of newly graduated, energetic, passionate teachers burning out is astronomical. And then I had two high school friends who'd taken the teaching course quit their jobs and take up other professions in the matter of a couple weeks. They'd been in the field for 5 or so years and couldn't take it any more. Horrible parents. Worse kids. A system that sides with anyone BUT the teachers. Enough was enough.

I finished my semester (4.0 by the way) and said that was that. Luckily the job I took has turned into a great career. But I fear for my kids. I know I'll do whatever I can to give my kids' teachers the power to make decisions they need to make in order to bestow knowledge, life lessons and discipline on my children. And hopefully the other kids' parents feel the same way.

A-men!!!!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fact that we pay people to have kids can be stuck to most societal problems we have now, zero responsibility outside the classroom leads to a nightmare in it and they are dragging the ones trying to do well with them. the fact that anyone should feel like they need to go overseas to adopt is insane. I'm the first to say that governemnt is terrible at almost everything but I budge over childcare. They last place these kids should be is home with their biological parents or even some foster homes that obviously do it for the check. Get rid of the child tax credit and use it make adoption less of a business.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^ I just saw on Facebook some guy pleading to a Fargo garage sale group asking for money to help with rent because he knocked up lady again and they can't afford it.

Pretty sure that's a case-in-point for a lot of what's wrong with society today.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^ I just saw on Facebook some guy pleading to a Fargo garage sale group asking for money to help with rent because he knocked up lady again and they can't afford it.

Pretty sure that's a case-in-point for a lot of what's wrong with society today.

We're getting progressively worse at pulling out?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75