Retractable shower door for travel trailer

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any experience with the retractable shower doors instead of using a shower curtain.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ours came with a three section sliding door.

What do you want to know?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is newline or stoett better than the other? Does the curtain need to be to the ceiling or should there be a couple inches of space?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have an older Wildwood trailer with a neo-angle shower with a swinging door. No shower door should go to the ceiling because you would have to leave the door open to allow the steam/vapor to escape so that you wouldn't have mold growth. I cannot imagine how a curtain could make a good seal on a shower pan ... I've never seen it. The only place I have ever seen shower curtains is on a tub with a shower over.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ended up buying the newline model hopefully it will work ,i wanted to get away from a plastic curtain becuase the dog likes to chew on everything. And if I'm not paying attention he will most likely try to tear it down. so the retractable shower door should be a easy fix to that problem. A little spendy at just over 200 but will be a investment when I decide to sell and buy a bigger camper in the future.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I've haven't had a chance to go look what kind came on my camper. Only issue I have had is either forgetting to latch it during travel and the rubber retainers get loose after awhile. Definitely nice to use the facility in the morning and everything is dry.

Oh and definitely leave a space at the ceiling so moisture can escape threw the exhaust.

Creek Chub

Installation tip

I just put one in. Make sure, before you stick on the receiving end vertical bar, that you do so with the plastic piece in place on the bottom. The plastic piece on the bottom is key to getting the alignment right. Don't ask me how I know.

-Creek Chub

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79