Fingerprint gun safes

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our little one is not so little anymore and will be getting into everything real soon. I keep a pistol in the bedroom for home defense and it's currently on a shelf that only me and the wife can reach but figure I better get a sidearm safe that only me or her can access. Any brands or models a guy should be looking at or staying away from? Thanks in advance.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No experience with that type of safe but I hope they work better than the fingerprint access on my phone. That was very questionable whether the phone was going to open.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a "fingerprint" one, but it just is a hand image with buttons that have a pattern. I let the batteries go dead and had to summon my inner ninja along with a chinese pick set. Replaced the batteries only to have them dead shortly, screw back to under the pillow

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever considered taking the fascination and mystery about guns away from the little one in addition to physical security?? When my daughter was 4 or so, I showed her all my guns. She helped clean, touch, taste, look at, feel, pulled triggers, take apart, aim, work actions, and just about anything else one can do with a gun. THEN, I explained in very stern language that these were NEVER to be touched unless I or my wife were involved. She asked a couple times after that to see the guns and we encouraged her, but we had no issues. Then actual shooting took place at around 6 years old, then firearm safety arrived, and the rest is history. Just a thought.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I researched them and went with Vaultek. Have a couple of them and they work very good. One of my models can be opened with a fingerprint, a key, a combo, a key fob, or thru an app on my cell phone.

https://vaulteksafe.com/

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Appreciate the info Platinum... and yes I agree with you KDM but right now our daughter is in the terrible two's and at this stage with her if you tell her not to touch something she's gonna grab it but also too young to comprehend respect for firearms and I don't wanna instill the fear of god in her either about firearms cuz I'd love her to have an interest in them in a few years.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! 2 is a bit early for that. Hope you find a good safe until your daughter is ready. Thumbs Up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74