Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: 2018 deer apps

  1. Back To Top    #21
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    34
    NDA Points
    2,386
    NDA Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    If i put in for a buck tag in zone A for my first choice and a buck tag in zone b for my second choice will i lose my preference points if my second choice is drawn?

    0 Not allowed!

  2. Back To Top    #22
    Premium Member
    Lungdeflator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Berthold, ND
    Posts
    441
    NDA Points
    24,857
    NDA Level
    68
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 710
    Just put in. First choice buck- 3A3 Second choice- mule deer buck 4C
    Also put in for Muzzy.

    4 points for rifle and 5 points for muzzy. Not holding my breath.

    0 Not allowed!
    She was eating cookies like Nabisco needed their bags back.

  3. Back To Top    #23
    Premium Member
    Chas'n Tail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern ND
    Posts
    304
    NDA Points
    7,306
    NDA Level
    36
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 293
    Given: 778
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb15 View Post
    If i put in for a buck tag in zone A for my first choice and a buck tag in zone b for my second choice will i lose my preference points if my second choice is drawn?
    No. But make sure and double check if you do draw. Happened to me a couple years ago, had a doe as second choice. Lost my first draw pref points. Called to point it out to them and they changed it right there. frustrating, but I guess keeps ya diligent.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. Back To Top    #24
    VIP Member
    sweeney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    mandan
    Posts
    994
    NDA Points
    119,024
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,428
    Given: 1,211
    Classifieds
    1
    no you wont lose points on second unit buck draw, or even first unit 2nd choice. you only lose points on first unit first choice.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by sweeney; 05-15-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    you can trust them with your woman just not your waypoints

  5. Back To Top    #25
    Premium Member
    Buckmaster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Glenfield ND
    Posts
    428
    NDA Points
    44,618
    NDA Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 1,304
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyTackleBox View Post
    I liked how they ask if I want to donate my $30 per tag to them when I have already paid $130 this year for licenses and will probably buy 2 bow tags yet... I'm usually good for $160-220 to the game and fish per year

    2 bowtags?????

    0 Not allowed!

  6. Back To Top    #26
    Premium Member
    Stan's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    411
    NDA Points
    10,262
    NDA Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 745
    Given: 1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungdeflator View Post
    Just put in. First choice buck- 3A3 Second choice- mule deer buck 4C
    Also put in for Muzzy.

    4 points for rifle and 5 points for muzzy. Not holding my breath.
    you have a 91% chance of drawing 3a3 based on last years stats. Why even apply for mule deer second choice? Zero percent chance of drawing.

    1 Not allowed!
    Originally Posted by Coldfront
    Blue tongue is not caused bad or sour water. It is caused by a midget that breeds around damp area's or in places were there is a lot of dung.

    Originally Posted by Iceman
    Tell these women to get back in those yogurt pant haha

  7. Back To Top    #27
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    204
    NDA Points
    2,371
    NDA Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster81 View Post
    2 bowtags?????
    Im sure he meant one for him and one for his kid or wife .. not rocket science

    0 Not allowed!

  8. Back To Top    #28
    VIP Member
    Obi-Wan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    1,437
    NDA Points
    95,201
    NDA Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 1,346
    Don't be to quick to judge it could possibly be a depredation tag for his second bow tag
    Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting View Post
    Im sure he meant one for him and one for his kid or wife .. not rocket science

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

  9. Back To Top    #29
    Premium Member
    Lou63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Flaxton, ND
    Posts
    212
    NDA Points
    8,181
    NDA Level
    38
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 43
    I just loaned my $30 to the state for a few months, haven't purchased the fishing hunting etc licenses yet this year, no husband wife fishing for us as the wife passed her hunters safety course and will be duck hunting. Now to talk her into a deer application so we can double our chances of not getting a tag. (have found found a Savage .243 youth model with a scope for $250 for her, it has less than a box of shells through it and the kid that has it outgrew it)

    0 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #30
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Hazen ND
    Posts
    144
    NDA Points
    5,683
    NDA Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 250
    3A3 any antlered is getting to be/has been one of the toughest units to draw in the state for a few years now. Looks like even some mule deer units are easier to draw. Why would you put in for second choice mule deer buck for 4C? Why not put in for something you may have a chance for drawing? Not ripping on you, I'm actually curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lungdeflator View Post
    Just put in. First choice buck- 3A3 Second choice- mule deer buck 4C
    Also put in for Muzzy.

    4 points for rifle and 5 points for muzzy. Not holding my breath.

    0 Not allowed!

  11. Back To Top    #31
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SE ND
    Posts
    2,300
    NDA Points
    12,148
    NDA Level
    47
    Report Entries
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,122
    Given: 1,436
    Don't take long at all to apply but now the lllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg wait.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #32
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    294
    NDA Points
    18,544
    NDA Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 14
    So, now a guy can get a bonus (preference) point just by purchase? How new is that?

    0 Not allowed!

  13. Back To Top    #33
    Premium Member
    Walleye_Chaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    749
    NDA Points
    10,360
    NDA Level
    43
    Report Entries
    4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 630
    Given: 2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    So, now a guy can get a bonus (preference) point just by purchase? How new is that?
    It's my understanding you can forfeit your chance for a tag and pay the fee still for a preference point.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. Back To Top    #34
    VIP Member
    Bfishn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    977
    NDA Points
    8,767
    NDA Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,045
    Given: 232
    Classifieds
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    So, now a guy can get a bonus (preference) point just by purchase? How new is that?
    I think it just started last year. Your not really buying a point, your just basically taking your name out of the lottery for that year. It was basically implemented for people who have some accumulated points but know they wont be able to deer hunt that year. They can still get the point without the risk of getting drawn on a year they cant use the tag.

    I think 99% of people will still just put in the normal drawing.

    0 Not allowed!

  15. Back To Top    #35
    Premium Member
    Lungdeflator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Berthold, ND
    Posts
    441
    NDA Points
    24,857
    NDA Level
    68
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 710
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorman55 View Post
    3A3 any antlered is getting to be/has been one of the toughest units to draw in the state for a few years now. Looks like even some mule deer units are easier to draw. Why would you put in for second choice mule deer buck for 4C? Why not put in for something you may have a chance for drawing? Not ripping on you, I'm actually curious.
    I bow hunt ND, my wife bow hunts ND, and I rifle hunt in MN. Rifle hunting in ND would be very much a trophy hunt for me. After the MN trip, I don't have much time to take off for ND rifle. So putting in for 3A3 close to home. And putting in for 4C just for the hell of it, maybe I'll draw 4C second choice and then get struck by lightning all in the same day.

    0 Not allowed!
    She was eating cookies like Nabisco needed their bags back.

  16. Back To Top    #36
    VIP Member
    Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    That dirty ole oilfield town
    Posts
    885
    NDA Points
    33,569
    NDA Level
    80
    Report Entries
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 648
    Given: 513
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungdeflator View Post
    I bow hunt ND, my wife bow hunts ND, and I rifle hunt in MN. Rifle hunting in ND would be very much a trophy hunt for me. After the MN trip, I don't have much time to take off for ND rifle. So putting in for 3A3 close to home. And putting in for 4C just for the hell of it, maybe I'll draw 4C second choice and then get struck by lightning all in the same day.

    One never knows there lungdeflator, I'm changing up my plans this year, probably not draw my first choice, may even go into MT for antlerless OTC tag. Start building my preference pts for muley in badlands.

    0 Not allowed!
    Sprint Car Racing, Hunting and Fishing are my drugs of choice.

  17. Back To Top    #37
    Premium Member
    Stan's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    411
    NDA Points
    10,262
    NDA Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 745
    Given: 1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorman55 View Post
    3A3 any antlered is getting to be/has been one of the toughest units to draw in the state for a few years now. Looks like even some mule deer units are easier to draw. Why would you put in for second choice mule deer buck for 4C? Why not put in for something you may have a chance for drawing? Not ripping on you, I'm actually curious.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 205
Size:  2.6 KB
    looks like 4 points and you should have it. Way better odds than any of the normal mule deer units
    Attached Images Attached Images  

    0 Not allowed!
    Originally Posted by Coldfront
    Blue tongue is not caused bad or sour water. It is caused by a midget that breeds around damp area's or in places were there is a lot of dung.

    Originally Posted by Iceman
    Tell these women to get back in those yogurt pant haha

  18. Back To Top    #38
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    32
    NDA Points
    2,486
    NDA Level
    20
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 50
    I was wondering how it works if a guy picks whitetail buck first choice and doe for second choice same unit. Does preference points play a part in 2nd choice lottery or is everyone in the hat with zero pref pts? some units show people with 4 or 5 points and the antlerless draw rate is like 59%. seems worse than the buck draw rate even though 90% of people put buck first choice? I dont understand how this works with 1st unit 1st choice, second choice, second unit first choice, second choice.what order is the drawing if you apply for all 4? thanks in advance for any help with this!

    0 Not allowed!

  19. Back To Top    #39
    Ultimate VIP Member
    espringers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Devils Lake
    Posts
    2,385
    NDA Points
    18,263
    NDA Level
    58
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,977
    Given: 1,207
    Classifieds
    2
    I ain't 100% sure. But, think preference points only play a role in first choice stuff. Which means putting in for a buck as a 2nd choice in any unit is pretty much a waste unless you are putting in for one in the few that are close enough to a sure thing so that they might have some left over after all first choice have been filled.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. Back To Top    #40
    Premium Member
    jdinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    644
    NDA Points
    22,308
    NDA Level
    65
    Report Entries
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 537
    Given: 479
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ND58201 View Post
    I was wondering how it works if a guy picks whitetail buck first choice and doe for second choice same unit. Does preference points play a part in 2nd choice lottery or is everyone in the hat with zero pref pts? some units show people with 4 or 5 points and the antlerless draw rate is like 59%. seems worse than the buck draw rate even though 90% of people put buck first choice? I dont understand how this works with 1st unit 1st choice, second choice, second unit first choice, second choice.what order is the drawing if you apply for all 4? thanks in advance for any help with this!
    I think Sweeney mentioned it earlier. the only draw that affects points is 1st unit 1st choice if you happen to draw anything other than 1st unit 1st choice you will cont to accumulate points and have a tag .

    0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter