Total Archery Challenge

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Probably should have made this post a week ago but did anyone else make it down to Terry Peak for the Total Archery Challenge? Holy moly was that a good time. Lots of broken and lost arrows but it was a hell of a confidence booster. For example, 2nd shot of the day: bedded doe probably a 100ish yards down hill, (30 degrees maybe?), rangefinder said 80 yards with the angle compensation. Target surrounded by rocks but drops off into the trees right behind it. You miss and your arrow is either shattered or sacrificed to the archery gods. Pretty awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and there were 2 courses harder than that I guess.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to do one of those some day. I need to get a lot better at shooting my bow over 50 and might as well snap the arrow on my leg to save time

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There was an easier “locals” course too. 20-60 yards without the extreme angles.

For the course I shot, my iPhone tells me we hiked about 3.5 miles and climbed about 62 floors. Not sure on the others.

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was an easier “locals” course too. 20-60 yards without the extreme angles.

For the course I shot, my iPhone tells me we hiked about 3.5 miles and climbed about 62 floors. Not sure on the others.

Did you do the "Locals" this year? Was actually one of the harder ones with most lost arrows this year. Not supper long shots but a lot of them had to thread the needle into em. Got a group of friends we go every year and camp just a few miles away. Very good time for sure!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76