Really??

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess they have to celebrate what they can. "They may have won the battle...but they lost the war"

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t care. Sounds like a fun time. Let them have their fun. :;:huh

Or maybe we should demand they tear down their statues like those SJW shitheads do?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t care. Sounds like a fun time. Let them have their fun. :;:huh

Or maybe we should demand they tear down their statues like those SJW shitheads do?

overcome a shithead by being a shithead, maybe?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, and don't care what they do. I just think it's crazy how they would scream bloody murder if white people were to do something like this but it's OK for them. Maybe it's just the ones around here who can't let things go since I was at a 4th of July parade in Montana a few years back and they had a group of people dressed up as Custer and his regiment followed by a group of Indians.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, and don't care what they do. I just think it's crazy how they would scream bloody murder if white people were to do something like this but it's OK for them. Maybe it's just the ones around here who can't let things go since I was at a 4th of July parade in Montana a few years back and they had a group of people dressed up as Custer and his regiment followed by a group of Indians.

“They/them” vs “we/us”

I bet if YOU or I showed up at the party, “they” would show “us” a good time. This isn’t a criticism of you, Shockwave. Our society is getting drawn into this trap of “We” and “them” and it’s making us all dumber and more antagonistic. Stop watching television - especially network news - and it will become clear that there are people pushing dialog to get you riled up and keep you riled up.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess they have to celebrate what they can. "They may have won the battle...but they lost the war"

Oh man, did they EVER lose the war.

Still, I totally get your point. Makes me feel like England must feel, on July 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

“They/them” vs “we/us”

I bet if YOU or I showed up at the party, “they” would show “us” a good time. This isn’t a criticism of you, Shockwave. Our society is getting drawn into this trap of “We” and “them” and it’s making us all dumber and more antagonistic. Stop watching television - especially network news - and it will become clear that there are people pushing dialog to get you riled up and keep you riled up.

This is so true. I clipped the cable at our house a few years ago, and also stopped watching the news. I used to subscribe to the newspaper, but don't even do that anymore. I'm 49, and my 79 year old mother is aghast, that I "have my head in the sand". But really, I kinda feel like nearly all "news" these days is antagonistic, divisive, and surely mostly bad.

I feel better about the world, the less I pay it any attention.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
“They/them” vs “we/us”

Please let me know how to describe it differently and I will truly try my best. No criticism taken as I get what you're trying to say.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the big deal?? An ERROGANT small minded individual attacked a far superior force and got himself and most of his men killed and the victors celebrate his mistakes. We do the same thing. We call our celebrations/remembrances V-E day, V-J day, Memorial Day, and Veterans day. Let them celebrate and remember the bravery of their warriors who went into battle against a better equiped and larger force (overall as our army was FAR larger as a whole) and were victorious for a time. I think if they brought back, taught, and took to heart the honor, respect, and traditions of Crazy Horse, Sitting Bull, and the like, it would be a good thing for the Native American community.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arrogant is exactly how my Great Great Grandpa explained him to my Mom. I guess they knew each other and my Great Great Grandpa was not a fan of him at all. And I agree, let them party it up and celebrate I was just pointing out the double standards.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OH I understand the double standard and I couldn't agree more.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
“They/them” vs “we/us”

hy dont you try it and let us know how it goes next year. Wear some MAGA gear while you are at it and make sure to have someone filming...
W

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
hy dont you try it and let us know how it goes next year. Wear some MAGA gear while you are at it and make sure to have someone filming...
W

Sure, and you show up at the next V-day celebration wearing a “Ready for Hillary” shirt. In either scenario, 10
out of 100 people would notice, 5 would give a shit, 3 would harass you, and one would spit on you. Then, because you’ve recorded it, you could tweet it and Don Lemon can pick it up and show America how dangerous and unhinged veterans are. Wear a MAGA hat to a reservation gathering and the exact same scenario would play out, except Sean Hannity would then “educate” America about how natives are violent extremists.

Stop living through your media. Go spend time with people.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure, and you show up at the next V-day celebration wearing a “Ready for Hillary” shirt. In either scenario, 10
out of 100 people would notice, 5 would give a shit, 3 would harass you, and one would spit on you. Then, because you’ve recorded it, you could tweet it and Don Lemon can pick it up and show America how dangerous and unhinged veterans are. Wear a MAGA hat to a reservation gathering and the exact same scenario would play out, except Sean Hannity would then “educate” America about how natives are violent extremists.

Stop living through your media. Go spend time with people.

Actually, yes. Most people are only peckerheads in their living room. IRL, most are decent.

Except that guy who has to fish right next to me, when the whole GD beach is empty. Now he's got to go.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a white people and could care less. I go fishing cause I have white privilege. Cause I’m privileged and white.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75