1. Back To Top    #1
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 182

Mtn Climber~

As sad as it is I don't understand why the family feels a 10million $$ law suit is in order,after all this thrill seeker made his own decision to climb that snowy mtn with friends,his climb ended after a 600ft fall down the slope head over heels and he survived for a few hours,family claims the rescue was to slow!?

Name:  mtn climber.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  35.9 KB

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 645
    Given: 1,115
    you need to be better at links

6 Not allowed!
    Originally Posted by Coldfront
    Blue tongue is not caused bad or sour water. It is caused by a midget that breeds around damp area's or in places were there is a lot of dung.

Originally Posted by Iceman
    Tell these women to get back in those yogurt pant haha

3. Back To Top    #3
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 661
    Huh. Yeah doesn't make sense to me, based on what you wrote. There are a lot of things people do that have inherent danger at the root. People continue doing them for the thrills, nobody forces them to do it. Accidents happen and its part of the thrill, knowing in the back of your mind that if you mess up, it could have very bad consequences.

So they win the lawsuit, it bankrupts the rescue company. Now the next time somebody falls off a mountain, the rescue company won't be late, because there won't be one.

8 Not allowed!
    She was eating cookies like Nabisco needed their bags back.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Bronze Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 39

1 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 388
    Classifieds
    Stupid is as stupid does my mama said.

0 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,771
    Given: 1,696
    Classifieds
    Problem is they botched it up pretty good at the call center and that's going to likely give this lawsuit some legs. If this was any normal situation people would be calling for their heads but since it was mountain climbing it tends to get a pass. we'll see what the law says about it but they definitely screwed up to make this not a completely left field type of lawsuit.

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 231
    Given: 98
    More to the story...

Maybe this is a bad analogy, but. Your swimming a pool and see some one who is face down in pool. You can't swim. You call 911. They ask if your at the pool then transfer you to the police department there you talk to someone that says find a lifeguard since your at a pool. You do, but in the mean time this person is still floating and not breathing. You find a life guard the call 911. They transfer them to police department. The life guard requests ambulance all while trying to get this guy breathing. Police department contacts an ambulance in a neighboring town to come get this guy.

Time is extremely important in rescue scenarios. It took an extra hour and a half to get the rescue chopper in the air. Not saying this guy died because of this but he might have had a chance of survival.

Here's the story. You decide...

http://katu.com/news/local/family-of...for-10-million

0 Not allowed!
    "Ain't nothing scarier than a man with a gun. Ain't nothing more helpless than a man without one."

8. Back To Top    #8
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,134
    Given: 4,428
    Classifieds
    Too many people don't feel they are responsible for their own actions anymore. Just want to sue and get rich quick.
    Just like the lawsuits against the drug companies for opiods. What the hell man nobody forced you to put the pills in your mouth. The Country is going to hell in a hand basket and going fast!
    Many have no common sense when using or doing things. Moderation is the key and only when you really need them.

6 Not allowed!
    Last edited by brokenbackjack; 05-16-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    God, Family, Green Bay Packers!

Johnny 7

9. Back To Top    #9
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 1,081
    - - - Updated - - -

why can't I get this to load?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Obi-Wan; 05-16-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,108
    Given: 384
    Classifieds
    What ever happened to you can't see yourself law?

- - - Updated - - -

Sue

0 Not allowed!

11. Back To Top    #11
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 446
    Given: 218
    Well, if something goes wrong with your adventure and you need the army national guard helicopter for rescue, what is a reasonable amount of time for response? There were trained mountain rescue people with the fallen adventure seeker, and trained medical personal as well. Its unfortunate for sure, but why only 10 million? Did the lawyer come up with that amount? And this is an example of why lots of people don't want to get involved in situations, trying to help can win you a lawsuit is short order.

0 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #12
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Who pays the bill for the helicopter and rescue personal when you are out playing daredevil and something goes wrong?

0 Not allowed!
    I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

13. Back To Top    #13
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 822
    Given: 453
    Classifieds
    I understand the anger part of the grieving process, but a lawsuit is not the answer. Everyone wants to be a victim and lay blame elsewhere.
    If my house burns down because (I think) it took the fire dept too long to get there, can I sue them?

0 Not allowed!

14. Back To Top    #14
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    I can't believe no one sees the side of the family. Yes it's a ridiculous amount of money. But no one will say this situation was poorly handled. I just hope of I am out doing something I enjoy (hunting the badlands in nd For example) and if I get hurt that our rescue teams here would do everything they could in the most swift manner they can. Doesn't sound like this guy was hanging of the side of a mountain. Sounds like he was climbing a well known area with a steep grade. All you guys who have hunted elk in the mountains must be adventure seekers and don't have the right to speedy rescue if something would go wrong.

1 Not allowed!
    "Ain't nothing scarier than a man with a gun. Ain't nothing more helpless than a man without one."

15. Back To Top    #15
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 961
    Given: 209
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
    Who pays the bill for the helicopter and rescue personal when you are out playing daredevil and something goes wrong?
    I think for the most part, the taxpayers pay for rescue services, just like they do fire, police, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupressYourself View Post
    I understand the anger part of the grieving process, but a lawsuit is not the answer. Everyone wants to be a victim and lay blame elsewhere.
    If my house burns down because (I think) it took the fire dept too long to get there, can I sue them?
    If your house burns down because of complete incompetence between several agencies resulting in them taking 3 hours to get there rather than 15 min you might have a case. you are paying for those services through taxes, there should be some reasonable expectation of services don't you think?

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bfishn; 05-16-2018 at 03:18 PM.

16. Back To Top    #16
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,792
    Given: 2,835
    Classifieds
    This law suit had better die a quick death. If the precedence is set that rescue personnel, first responders, and the like are NOW required to respond in a manner good enough for the victim or the victims family, we will be without those folks. Which then sets the stage for firefighters, police, EMT's, ambulance drivers, life flight pilots, and maybe even the Coast Guard to law suits if their response times, actions, or efforts aren't good enough for victims or their families. My deepest condolences to the family, but this man had an accident by his own design. It isn't anyone's fault but his own.

9 Not allowed!

17. Back To Top    #17
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 822
    Given: 453
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfishn View Post
    If your house burns down because of complete incompetence between several agencies resulting in them taking 3 hours to get there rather than 15 min you might have a case. you are paying for those services through taxes, there should be some reasonable expectation of services don't you think?
    I guess the court will have to define what's "reasonable" here. I don't know... to me, since there is no explicit contact in place between a person and these civil services (fire, rescue, etc) the only thing that is "reasonable" is to hope for the best and have insurance.

Also, in a slightly different thought direction, I would say that if I were able to sue for what I decide was "unreasonable" concerning the things my tax dollars go toward, I would have several cases pending right now...

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by SupressYourself; 05-16-2018 at 04:41 PM.

18. Back To Top    #18
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,655
    Given: 9,446
    Classifieds
    IMO:

if engaging in daredevil activities = we'll save you if and when we can

no guarantees, daredevils assume all risk and rescuers (and their agencies) are given immunity from lawsuits

kind of like the good Samaritan laws - no suing people trying to help after you rolled the dice and lost

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

1 Not allowed!
    True freedom is not the ability to do whatever one wants or as one pleases without restraint, rather, true freedom is the ability to what one ought to do.

19. Back To Top    #19
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    This law suit had better die a quick death. If the precedence is set that rescue personnel, first responders, and the like are NOW required to respond in a manner good enough for the victim or the victims family, we will be without those folks. Which then sets the stage for firefighters, police, EMT's, ambulance drivers, life flight pilots, and maybe even the Coast Guard to law suits if their response times, actions, or efforts aren't good enough for victims or their families. My deepest condolences to the family, but this man had an accident by his own design. It isn't anyone's fault but his own.
    Indent entirely disagree with this but I also think all people who commit to protecting and serving in these capacities need to be held a countable. That is what the court system was set up for.

0 Not allowed!

20. Back To Top    #20
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    What happens if rescue personal gets hurt of killed while on a rescue mission should their family be able to sue the injured party or their estate?

- - - Updated - - -

This has a portion of the 911 calls the other link I was trying to post has more of the calls but does not want to load

- - - Updated - - -

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Obi-Wan; 05-16-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast