2003 TRACKER TUNDRA 18', anyone running one of these?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the market for a new to me boat and one of these caught my eye. Does anyone have any info on this boat listed? Good, Bad, Ugly?
Thanks,

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an '06 Targa, so not too helpful, but I will say that Tracker boats, at least from that timeframe are pretty solid. Some look down on them as "cheap", and to be fair, the fit and fish does not compare to a Ranger, but they are a solid boat, especially "for the money". I think the welded hull (when done right, as Tracker seems to) is superior to rivets. I jumped mine off an ice berg at nearly wide-open, and it doesn't leak a drop.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the market for a new to me boat and one of these caught my eye. Does anyone have any info on this boat listed? Good, Bad, Ugly?
Thanks,

They're a sexy looking boat and look like they are wide and have a ton of room. In reality, there's very little "fishing room" in them. Everything slants in towards the floor and they fish like a boat that's 10"-12" narrower. I haven't ridden in one, just helped a buddy with a fish-finder wiring job and after that always found a reason to fish from my boat instead.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
My recollection of the Tracker Tundras of that vintage are more related to the 21 footer which had some significant transom issues. I don't recall hearing the same about the 18 footers.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an 04 with a 150 optimax and haven't had any issues in the 5 years I've owned it. I think it fishes very well. Transom height has been the issue with them but only time I have had water come over the transom is when I have slowed down too fast. No big deal.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Keep in mind the Tundra 18's were the molded aluminum ones they had for a couple years. There's a reason they dont any more.. ;-)

Tracker makes a very respectable boat now days,(though they typically come equipped with bare bones ) but the stuff from late 90's and early 2000's was garbage.
Nearly every hull had issues. Riveted ones were the worst. Nearly all leaked and or had major hull/transom issues.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
People must be looking for this specific boat because it was sold very quickly. I did read online about the transom concerns listed. Thanks for the input. Will post another when i find something I'm interested in..

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
People must be looking for this specific boat because it was sold very quickly. I did read online about the transom concerns listed. Thanks for the input. Will post another when i find something I'm interested in..

It sold very quickly because fishing is on fire and everyone is looking for a boat these days.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74