Lighning Bugs

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got some tall grass in the ditch out in front of my house and last night being hot and humid they were out in force. Freaked out my lab, she must have watched them for 3 hours until one buzzed the picture window. One giant leap off the back of the couch into her kennel. I got that what the hell was that look and about wet myself from laughing so hard. Dogs can be so entertaining some times.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy watching lighting bugs years back after archery league we were done shooting and had a few beers (several) just saying a good buzz and trying to catch them was entertaining

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lampyridae (fire flies/lightning bugs) are not a particularily strong species. They are very susceptible to pollution so if you have a good population around your area, it's a good indicator of a clean environment. Those blinky critters have filled many a night with childlike delight in my time on this earth and hold a special place in my list of favorite insects.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That past few weeks, they've been plentiful along the riverbanks here in Bismarck. I take that as a good sign..

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, they've been hanging around my place for about a week now. I don't have a lot of them, but they're fun to stumble across.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
have em all over. daughter thinks she is a fire fly whisperer. loves catching them.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I thought I was going to read something about someone using them as bait. Do they work?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75